RPG Champion Designer | Marvel Contest of Champions
At Kabam, Game Designers are focused on making incredible experiences for hundreds of millions of players around the world. We are looking for designers who are eager to collaborate with talented teammates while working with some of the best IPs in the business at a studio that values intentional design thinking.
Do you find yourself dissecting the different characters, abilities, units, weapons, cards, and enemies of the games you play? Whatever the game calls them, you are able to analyze this toolset provided by the player, see how the parts fit together, find unique and interesting ways to combine them, and understand how you could motivate players to attempt different gameplay based on them. You live both on the ground floor of understanding the player’s moment-by-moment gameplay, and at 5000ft predicting, tracking, and balancing a mature metagame with over 200 champions.
Sounds like a match? Kabam Vancouver is looking for an RPG Designer (Champion Designer) to join us on MARVEL Contest of Champions! Don't live in Vancouver? Apply anyway! Kabam now supports fully remote work setups for our employees.
As a Champion Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with an awesome, multi-disciplinary team, to both design and implement compelling Champions Abilities, Support Quest Content, and Boss Fights
- Communicate the functionality and vision of your design clearly and concisely to the rest of the team
- Provide input on the whole game’s vision and help champion that vision to other team members
- Exercise production skills to set and deliver on priorities, and manage your time appropriately
- Take a holistic approach to design rules and experiences with input and consideration from a multi-faceted team of contributors, including Live Operations, Engineering, Production, UX, and Art disciplines
- Combine passion, skill, and expertise to continually raise the design bar
In order to be successful in this role, we're looking for:
- 3-6 years of experience in the video games industry
- Experience designing characters (or abilities, or cards, or units, etc), systems, and/or economies on at least one shipped title
- Intellectual curiosity and logical thinking
- Rock-solid organizational and project management skills with the ability to juggle multiple priorities
- Bonus if you have raw technical skills including Scripting experience
- Strong math skills
- Spreadsheet wizardry
Excited by this opportunity? We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us.
Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and continue to entertain the world!
Kabam is a world leader of developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games for mobile devices. They merge consumer behaviour with the art of game design to create experiences that are enjoyed by millions of players across the globe. Each game has raised the benchmark in mobile gaming, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology and revolutionary gameplay to the console in every player’s pocket.
Kabam has partnered with leading entertainment brands like Disney, Hasbro and Universal to create mobile games based on some of the world’s most iconic franchises.
Kabam’s games have generated hundreds of millions of downloads including Fast & Furious 6: The Game, Fast & Furious: Legacy, Marvel Contest of Champions, Transformers: Forged to Fight, Shop Titans and Mini Guns. These games have also received multiple awards such as Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal, Charlottetown, San Francisco and Austin. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20