Rogue Company - Technical Artist
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Technical Artist to join our team and work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia on Rogue Company.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, Tribes: Ascend, and Global Agenda as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Tech Artists do at Hi-Rez Studios:
- Engine side character setup, interfacing with programmers, working with designers, and supporting artists and animators to help shape the stage for characters, features, and systems.
- Create and maintain BluePrints, Anim Sets, Materials, Character Models, and Physics Assets in Unreal.
- Optimize Characters, Weapons, and Environments for deployment across all of our release platforms.
- Analyze game performance and memory across all of our release platforms using various engine, 3rd party tools, and internal tools.
- Solve technical challenges blocking Animation, Rigging, and Tools as they export assets from Maya/3DS Max into Unreal.
- Improve and help establish pipelines & best practices for content teams.
- Troubleshoot existing tech and support incoming tech.
- Work with multiple teams throughout the pipeline and be a point of contact for troubleshooting and implementation within the engine.
- Identify blockers and produce quality work within the technical constraints of the project.
What we are looking for:
- 3 - 6 Years of Technical Art experience.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent education required.
- Programming or Scripting experience (C++, Python, HLSL, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of Maya and 3DSMax.
- Have strong technical problem solving skills that allow for quick project execution.
- Self-motivated, self-sufficient, well organized, and able to multitask.
- Ability to work collaboratively and communicate with multiple teams.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- Passion for games with a strong work ethic.
Nice to Have:
- Experience working in a modern game engine in a Technical Art role.
- Experience with the game development pipeline from start to finish.
- Good understanding of asset optimization challenges/techniques.
- Strong linear algebra knowledge.
Apply for this job
Location: Alpharetta, GA
Date posted: 2022-01-20