Rogue Company - Lead Game Designer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire a Lead Game Designer to join our Rogue Company team. Our ideal candidate has experience in Character Design, Combat and Weapon Design, Mechanics, and is familiar with Systems Design.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your energy, collaboration, and dedication.
What our Lead Game Designers do:
- Collaborate and take direction from the Stakeholders to take ideas from concept to completion.
- Mentor, level up, and lead your team.
- Work within Unreal Engine 4.
- Plan projects with company and development team stakeholders.
- Constantly solve customer problems with innovative solutions.
- Research and present high level gameplay pitches for Characters, Weapons, and Game Modes.
- Ensure alignment is established.
Who we are looking for:
- 3-5+ years of applicable experience
- Self-motivated, well organized, and humble.
- Excellent cross discipline communication skills that allow you to hone in what is needed.
- Experience with creating Weapons, Character Abilities, and Game Modes.
- Passion for online multiplayer shooters and design.
- Experience using Unreal Engine 4.
- Experience with rapid prototyping.
- Profound understanding of competitive shooter titles.
- Comprehensive understanding and knowledge of Free-To-Play games.
- Prior experience working on a Free-to-Play or Games-as-a-service title.
- Prior experience working on a Shooter title.
- Understand scripting languages and/or visual scripting languages such as Kismet or Blueprint.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to break down problems.
- Strong communication, both verbal and written, to interact with the community.
Apply for this job
Location: USUK Remote /
Date posted: 2022-01-20