WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Epic Games creates and deploys advanced computer-vision and machine learning technologies to transform the production and consumption of digital media. With our MetaHuman Product, we enable creation of photorealistic digital faces and push the boundaries of Digital Humans.
Our innovations include world-leading technologies for precise facial tracking in marker-less video, stereo, and depth data. These methods, already well-known for powering the industry's leading digital human services, now bring high-fidelity experiences to creatives and consumers alike.
What You'll Do
An exciting opportunity for an experienced Machine Learning Researcher to join Epic Games Research & Development team, a world-leading provider of digital human and facial animation technology.
The ideal candidate will bring passion for digital humans and experience in the fields of computer graphics, computer vision, and machine learning. You will develop and apply algorithms in the domain of human face and body detection, segmentation, reconstruction, modelling, rigging, and tracking to help us build the next generation of digital humans. We developed one of the world’s best face and body 3D and 4D scanners and have the team and toolsets for creating extremely precisely labelled datasets. If you are looking to push the state-of-the-art using the best data out there and would like to help us cross the uncanny valley, we would like to hear from you!
In This Role You Will
- Research, develop and deploy machine learning methods for 3D reconstruction, automated facial tracking and other vision and graphics related applications.
- Partner with Epic projects and products to deploy and deliver solutions and new valuable capabilities to Epic products.
- Turn research prototypes into robust, well-engineered code which can be used in Epic’s products.
- Work on ‘special projects’: one-time projects requiring significant research innovation.
- Investigate, analyze and make recommendations to management regarding technology improvements, upgrades and modifications.
- Learn about / evaluate the latest technologies which may be relevant to the company’s goals; attend relevant conferences, etc.
What We're Looking For
- MSc or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Graphics, Machine Learning or a related discipline.
- Experience with Computer Graphics and Computer Vision techniques.
- Understanding of mathematical optimization and underlying implementation of modern neural network architectures.
- Ability to deliver tangible and deployable code and software solutions.
- Understanding of modern Machine Learning concepts.
- Experience with ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, Keras, Torch, Caffe, etc.
- Strong programming skills in C++ (preferably C++ 11/14) and Python.
Nice To Have Skills
- Software development experience in a commercial environment.
- Experience with a 3D animation package or rendering engine (e.g. Maya, Motionbuilder, Unreal Engine).
- Research Experience demonstrated through publication in top-tier conferences.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and communicate with engineering teams.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed