WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
ENGINEERING - UNREAL ENGINE
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide.
What You'll Do
We’re looking for experienced Rendering Programmers to help enhance and maintain the graphics of Unreal Engine. You will work on designing and implementing efficient and powerful abstractions for graphics APIs, with a focus on Apple platforms.
In this role, you will
- Work on the design and implementation of the RHI (Render Hardware Interface) - Unreal’s abstraction layer for submitting work to the GPU, with a focus on Metal, but covering other graphics APIs such as Vulkan and DirectX 12.
- Develop powerful and efficient abstractions for platform-specific graphics APIs and GPU capabilities.
- Continuously analyze and optimize the performance of the RHI.
- Help us extend and enhance our engine for future hardware.
- Support external customers.
What we’re looking for
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques; ability to code and architect various core engine systems.
- Demonstrated performance and memory optimization skills.
- Self-motivated and able to dive into a complex system with quick results.
- Excellent knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs including Metal, Vulkan and DirectX, as well as shading languages such as HLSL and MSL.
- Familiarity with development tools and profiling on modern systems, including Instruments, Xcode GPU frame capture and profiling.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed