WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Unreal-powered projects have been on the bleeding edge of real-time entertainment for over 20 years. Our team of engineering experts are always innovating to improve the tools and technology that empower content developers worldwide
What You'll Do
Epic Games is searching for a Rendering Programmer to help enhance and maintain the graphics of Unreal Engine 5. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier real time rendering engine for multiple platforms.
In this role, you will
- Focus on high level architecture and support of other rendering and game teams
- Responsible for the performance and correctness of features on multiple platforms
- Responsible for tools that go along with features; ensure they are usable and appropriate for artists, games, and the engine
- Be forward thinking to keep up to date on current techniques, research, graphics data, hardware, etc.
- Supporting external customers by answering their requests and questions
What we're looking for
- Strong C++ knowledge and multi-threaded programming techniques; ability to code and architect various core engine systems
- Thorough knowledge and proficient application of 3D math, rendering algorithms, and data structures
- Demonstrated performance and memory optimization skills
- Self-motivated and able to dive into a complex system with quick results
- Strong communication and proficiency in working with technical artists to develop and iterate on features/tools
- Knowledge of a broad range of graphics APIs and shader languages
We are open to hiring in multiple locations in North America and Europe including:
Los Angeles, California
San Francisco, California
Guildford, United Kingdom and more
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed