The job is for a Regular Software Engineer with at least 4 years of industry experience in C++ programming. The engineer will work with the code team and production to deliver high-quality products, write high-quality code, liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs, ensure stability of the development environment in the game production process, and adhere to programming practices and Studio code standards. The engineer should have preliminary experience in Unreal Engine, Unity, or proprietary tech, experience in building technical designs and best practices, and proven experience and willingness to work with other disciplines/teams. The company offers a competitive salary, flexible forms of employment, fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone, 50% tax relief for creative work, employee referral bonus, Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package, office working/partly remote/fully remote, flexible working hours, clear career paths, 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development, access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault, English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher, team-driven initiatives, development initiatives, mental health support activities, the best working tools of your choosing, relocation package, home-office perks, and much more. The company values honesty and aims to create a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences.
As a Regular Software Engineer you will:
- Work with the code team and production to deliver highest quality products
- Write high quality code
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs
- Ensure stability of the development environment in the game produciton process
- Adhere to programming practices and Studio code standards
- Always think about how we can do better
We need you to have:
- At least 4 years of industry experience in C++ programming (engines/tools/gameplay)
- Preliminary experience in Unreal Engine, Unity or proprietary tech
- Experience in building technical designs and best practices
- Proven experience and willingness to work with other disciplines/teams (design, art, …)
- Good communication skills (in English)
What We Offer:
- Possibility to work on one of 40+ titles (AA+ and AAA) that Sumo group is developing
- Developing games in a crunch-free environment with very experienced colleagues in an open and respectful culture
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible forms of employment
- Fully transparent Annual Bonus Plan for everyone
- 50% tax relief for creative work
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Lux Med Platinum healthcare family package (highest available & fully covered)
- Office working/partly remote/fully remote
- Flexible working hours
- Clear Career Paths
- 5 paid Learning Days a year for self-development
- Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses and GDC Vault
- English group classes and/or 121 meetings with the teacher
- Team-driven initiatives (PAG Plays, team-building events, charity engagement)
- Development initiatives (Life Drawing, Game Jams)
- Mental health support activities (Yoga Classes, Well-being webinars)
- The best working tools of your choosing- a powerful workstation or a top gaming laptop
- Relocation package
- Home -office perks (ergonomic gaming chairs, adjustable desk)
- ...and much more
Can you spare us another 30 seconds?
Great, let's talk about ourselves quickly. We're ambitious game enthusiasts who are well prepared to both have fun and work hard. We aim high, but we do not lose ourselves in the pursuit of success and further achievements. We love to learn! And over the years in the industry, we have learned that the best games are created by qualified, rested, treated with respect game developers.
Importantly, our work culture has been built on the basis of specific, true (and respected by us) values. The most important of these is "We never lie", so you can be sure that we have not overdone this announcement. We play by our own rules and we make games that we would like to play ourselves. We combine the game development world with best software delivery practices to make it more predictable and reliable. All this helps us to bring fun back to game development! Will you help us?
Where do we stand on diversity?
We hope to bring together a diverse team of people with various backgrounds and experiences, who will bring broader ideas, new perspectives, and different solutions to our table. Whoever you are, feel welcome and encouraged to apply.
Apply for this job
Location: PixelAnt Games, Poland
Date found: 2023-03-17