About the Role
Our Real-Time VFX Artists help breath life, depth and immersion to our game experiences. For that to happen, the Real-Time VFX Artists work closely on all aspects of the game development process. Our Real-Time VFX Artists have a strong sense of elevating gameplay by adding dynamic, clear and breathtaking effects that will astonish and delight our players.
Who you are:
- Craft Knowledge: You craft and implement compelling moments using your knowledge of shape language, values, colors, textures and animation principles.
- Team Player: You are a self-motivated team player who proactively seeks feedback and shares knowledge.
- Pipeline: You are always on top of the latest tools and techniques to help shape our pipelines.
- Software Expertise: You have experience working with Unity to create effective VFX assets. Experience doing 2D animation with Spine is considered a plus.
What you'll do:
- Collaboration: You will work closely with a team of artists and the studio co-founders to help establish obstacles and delightful visual effects. You will also work with various other disciplines such as engineering, design and audio to bring life to our gameplay.
- Problem Solving: You will prototype VFX and shaders which effectively develop tone and pacing of gameplay events.
- Communication: You will use your excellent communication skills in a collaborative and diverse work environment.
- Game Developer Mindset: You will balance both the quality and efficiency of your VFX assets.
- Prototyper: To achieve the best product value, you will iterate on what feels right. You'll be tasked with creating concept and blocking out solutions to test in game during the development process. It's not all about the polishing.
What you'll need:
- Experience working as a VFX Artist in games or proven ability to execute real-time assets.
- Excellent communication skills in English.
- A resume and an online portfolio showcasing your work.
- You have experience working in games; especially mobile titles.
- You know your way around at least one game engine (especially Unity or Unreal) and understand the various parts of the game development pipeline.
- You own a basic knowledge of motion graphics and 3d asset creation.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build the best gaming company, where everyone thrives.
Please note that an art test may be required during the evaluation process.
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Sweden, Finland, United States and soon United Kingdom. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Location: London, United Kingdom
Country: United Kingdom