This is an exciting opportunity to join the Ops team at Improbable and work closely with the VP Customer Solutions to ensure that the quality of output meets the expectations of customers and partners. The successful candidate will be responsible for establishing processes and controls to support good governance across the Defence organisation, ensuring that ISO 9001 and ISO 27001 requirements are met and maintained, and facilitating process improvement. Previous experience in developing software-related products, particularly in the defence industry, is advantageous but not essential. Everyone is welcome to apply regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
The Ops team is here to make the business run more smoothly. You’ll be working closely with the VP Customer Solutions to ensure that our team are maintaining the quality of output our customers and partners expect from us and that the independent certifications that our market requires are maintained. We do this through following process, reviewing outcomes, lessons learned and optimising our approach as we go. We work across the business, so you’ll get to work with people across our engineering, delivery and ops teams.
Your mission is to establish the processes and controls to support good governance across the Defence organisation to ensure the interests and expectations of our customers and partners are understood and respected. You’ll ensure everyone understands the “why” of this, aligning the team behind the importance of quality management and supporting them to ensure seamless delivery. You’ll also be enabling agile assurance by establishing appropriate methodologies to protect and enhance our reputation through the mitigation of risk, and facilitate performance evaluation and improvement, transforming ways of working to maximise our effectiveness and eliminate unnecessary cost and waste.
You’ll ensure we continue to meet and exceed the expectations of ISO 9001 and ISO 27001. You’ll be accountable for the Business Process Management System and engage with teams to ensure all our processes and controls are fit for purpose and deliver their intended outputs. You’ll monitor our delivery processes, identifying areas for improvement and giving appropriate visibility of performance and conformance through audit, analysis and reporting.
- Certification: Ensure conformance with ISO9001, maintenance of certification to ISO9001 & ISO27001 and engagement with the certification body
- Implementation: Cross-functional liaison to ensure that processes are kept up to date and are fit for purpose in line with best practice, contractual and regulatory requirements
- Audit: Plan the risk-based Audit Programme and conduct internal audits
- Analysis: Report on quality management within the business, identify risks and opportunities for improvement
- Reporting: Report on the performance of the Business Management System to the senior team, providing required inputs into Management Review
- Education: Work with team leads, undertake advanced quality planning and promote the process approach and risk-based thinking as our business and products scale up
Why You're Made For This:
- You have previously worked in a company that has developed software-related products. If these were in the defence industry this would be advantageous but not essential.
- You have experience maintaining, Developing and an awareness of the quality management system, including management and updating the process framework.
- You are able to ensure that the quality team meets its performance objectives and contributes to the achievement of divisional performance objectives.
- Previous experience to ensuring that ISO27001 and ISO90001 requirements are met and maintained.
- A track record of facilitating process improvement, working on ad-hoc projects as needed, and ensure changes and improvement do not adversely affect the management system.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-01