In this role, you will have the opportunity to utilize your broad skills as Quality Control Specialist in support of Product Quality for Magic Leap products. The Quality Control Specialist interprets the quality standards, engineering drawings, control plans, and specifications for the products, then executes tests and measurements according to those instructions. If there’s an issue, the Quality Control Specialist compiles that data and reports it to engineers and other stakeholders.
Quality Control Specialists also offer ideas for how to improve products after conducting quality testing. For this reason, Quality Control Specialists need high-level interpersonal communication skills. A high level of attention to detail, proactive mindset, strong ownership, and organization skills are also a crucial part of this role.
- Inspect/measure/report on incoming materials, in process components, and outgoing products to confirm quality conformance to customer requirements
- Collaborate with Operations and Engineering on quality issues troubleshooting including guiding completion of root cause and corrective actions
- Maintain standardized visual and metrology inspection procedures
- Maintain measurement equipment by following operating and calibration instructions
- Maintain continuous and stable level of visual inspection where required
- Own outgoing quality metric for a factory and drive 8D process for customer failures
- Demonstrated background in root cause investigation of quality issues, short term quality containment actions, and helping a team determine permanent corrective actions
- Minimum 3 years of proven experience writing and executing basic inspection programs for CMM or OMM equipment. Preferred but not required.
- Experience with advanced electronic microscopes with basic measurement capabilities
- Computer skills and proficient use of Microsoft Office or Google documentation software
- Lean Manufacturing Training preferred but not required
- High School degree or equivalent; Associates or Technical degree preferred.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed