Secret Mode is looking for highly motivated QA Testers who are passionate about video games and ensuring our products are free from bugs and fun to play. This opportunity will primarily be a studio based role with remote working options. Responsibilities include taking titles through end phase submission testing, producing and maintaining clear bug reports, testing and reporting against product milestone requirements, performing QA related support tasks, becoming a knowledge holder for project design and the current quality of each product, checking games adhere to all 1st party certification requirements, creating, running and maintaining test cases and test scenarios, collating and evaluating customer feedback, providing feedback and suggestions to improve quality and game experience, and assisting in the transition of games, updates and services across multiple environments through to live release. Qualifications include a proven track record of QA testing at least 1 game from start to completion, proactive and self-motivated attitude, good level of Quality Assurance knowledge, bug/defect tracking based experience, excellent written and spoken communication skills, ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively, experienced games player, and attention to detail. It would be an advantage to have experience testing console products, proficiency with Microsoft Office applications, and familiarity of working alongside external QA teams. Secret Mode offers a competitive benefits package including a defined annual bonus scheme, ULEV car scheme, monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits, salary sacrifice pension, flexible working, 21 days free-use holiday, free dental insurance, life assurance 4x
Greetings from The Bunker! Secret Mode is the publishing wing of the award-winning Sumo Group Ltd. Our goal is to publish internally developed projects from any of our 14 game development studios across the UK, US, Europe and India, as well as third party independent game developers.
Now is an exciting time to join a rapidly growing team early on in Secret Mode’s journey. If you have a strong passion for video games and want to help us build the best games publisher in the business, please reach out to us. We’d love to have a chat!
We’re looking for highly motivated QA Testers who are passionate about video games, ensuring our products are free from bugs and fun to play. You’ll test products across a wide array of platforms from Consoles to Mobile.
This opportunity will primarily be a studio based role with remote working options.
In your new role you will:
- Take titles through end phase submission testing, from alpha to gold master
- Produce and maintain clear bug reports for external development partners
- Test and report against product milestone requirements
- Perform QA related support tasks for external development teams
- Become a knowledge holder for project design and the current quality of each product
- Check games adhere to all 1st party certification requirements
- Aid testing processes across a variety of target platforms
- Create, run and maintain test cases and test scenarios
- Collate and evaluate customer feedback, providing concise bug reports for live issues
- Provide feedback and suggestions to improve quality and game experience
- Assist in the transition of games, updates and services across multiple environments through to live release
- Test and report issues using build verification testing to ensure seamless delivery to customers
To be successful you will have:
- A proven track record of QA testing at least 1 game from start to completion
- Proactive and self-motivated, identifies problems in advance and presents innovative test approaches
- Good level of Quality Assurance knowledge with game development\components
- Bug\defect tracking based experience such as JIRA, Hansoft, Bugzilla etc
- Active team player with excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage time effectively
- Experienced games player with the ability to familiarise with game-play elements rapidly
- Attention to detail alongside patience and perseverance
- Passion and enthusiasm for the role and the company
It would be an advantage if you have:
- Experience testing console products
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Familiarity of working alongside external QA teams
- Current knowledge of platform specific certification requirements
What we offer:
. Defined Annual Bonus Scheme
. ULEV car scheme
. Monthly allowance to spend on enhancing benefits
. Salary Sacrifice Pension
. Flexible Working
. 21 days free-use holiday
+ your birthday off
+ 5 learning days including 1 volunteer day
+ a duvet day
+ Christmas shutdown from Christmas Eve to New Year
+ Bank Holidays
+ extra allowance accrued for longer service
. Free dental insurance
. Life Assurance 4x Salary
. Income Protection of 75% for 5 years
. Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
. Employee Assistance Programme:
. Help at Hand - Remote GP, Mental Health & Physio appointments
. Free financial & home buying support consultations
. Cycle to Work Scheme
. Payroll Giving Scheme
. Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses
. Career Development Pathway
. Game/Creative Jams
. Big Family Events
. Studio social activities, e.g. running, board games, film, yoga, life drawing…
. Prism – Sumo’s employee diversity focus group
. Free fruit and drinks in our studios
. Employee Referral Bonus
We are Secret Mode.
Quality drives us.
Fun informs us.
Community is our reason for being.
Inclusivity is at the heart of everything we do.
To delight and inspire is our goal.
Secret Mode is managed by a small group of industry veterans and a team of experienced and newcomers to the industry alike. We’re looking for diverse, creative, driven people who share our passion for all things video games, no matter their background.
As part of the Sumo family, we’re able to offer a super benefits package including generous holidays and flexible working hours. We’re based in Royal Leamington Spa but are flexible on work-from-home options.
Our environment is fast paced, dynamic and friendly and built upon the basis of every team member having the opportunity to shine and have a realisable input into the games we publish. We’re in the amazing position of building a brand-new team, and creating a culture that’s all about passion, respect, diversity, fun and togetherness. We’re looking for people that love what they do and love to share their enthusiasm with each other. We have taken the #RaiseTheGame pledge to fully dedicate ourselves to inclusivity in our hiring and working processes and already have aligned ourselves with amazing initiatives and charity organisations to make a difference in the industry we all love.
Apply for this job
Location: Secret Mode, Leamington Spa
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-03-01