WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You’ll Do
We’re looking for an experienced QA Manager for Fortnite! In this role you will be developing and guiding the quality strategy for seasonal Fortnite Battle Royale, partnering with other discipline leads, and innovating and improving our seasonal quality processes to deliver an epic experience for our players. If you are passionate about leading and mentoring experienced QA professionals in an exciting, fast-paced environment, we’d love to talk to you!
In this role, you will
- Lead, manage, and mentor a team of QA leads and QA individual contributors on Fortnite Battle Royale, providing coaching and feedback to guide others to success.
- Develop a Quality Strategy encompassing staffing, technical requirements, product space and involvement throughout the development lifecycle on Fortnite Battle Royale.
- Collaborate with other QA managers in the Fortnite, Unreal Engine, and other spaces to identify areas of risk between products and work out mitigation strategies across the whole of the Fortnite ecosystem.
- Identify improvement and innovation opportunities in existing quality approaches and provide recommendations of new ones where they are needed and impactful.
- Define and use KPIs and data to inform testing priorities and outline risks on a project level, providing clear accountability chains and escalation paths for multiple levels of ownership in QA; Work with other departments and disciplines to set quality bars and standards for the product.
What we’re looking for
- 7+ years of QA experience, with at least 4 years in a leadership/management level.
- Proven capability in leading and managing large teams of QA professionals, both Individual Contributors and Leads, directly embedded with the rest of the development team.
- Strong understanding of the importance of multiple testing types, including verification and validation testing, usability testing, security testing, performance testing, etc.
- Proactive study of advanced training in QA methodology and principles.
- Expert-level understanding of KPIs and Metrics that inform quality in products, people, and processes.
- Proven ability to take ownership over large-scale process improvements, working with other QA and with other disciplines to plan, implement, and drive adoption; Deep understanding of risk, specifically how to identify, classify, report on, and manage it.
- Proficient communication skills at the individual and team level; Ability to thrive while working in a fast-paced working environment while juggling multiple initiatives.
If you have a portfolio/reel/website you'd like to share, please hyperlink it to your resume, or submit it as an attachment with your application.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Cary,North Carolina,United States
Country: United States