Welcome to Timbre!
We are Timbre Games (part of the Sumo Digital Group), a new studio in Vancouver, Canada focused on making exciting, innovative game experiences. Timbre’s vision is to change the games industry through the original games we make, as well as how we make them. We’re building an inclusive, supportive culture that allows us to explore fresh, new (and sometimes weird) ideas. We’re searching for more visionary explorers to join our team of diverse voices, coming together to develop games that are accessible to a wide audience.
If you’re thinking about your next adventure, send us your resume to talk to our team about how you can add your voice to the games we’re working on.
QA at Timbre Games
At Timbre, Quality Assurance is a key pillar in delivering fun and immersive games. We are fundamental to ensuring accessibility when creating game experiences that embrace diversity, and evoke the curiosity and imagination of everyone that plays them. The exploratory Timbreoos on this team are not merely testers; they are 'Advocates of Quality' - constantly exploring the furthest reaches of our builds to generate player-focused games, while constructing and optimizing QA processes that run through the core of our development team.
A QA Lead impacts Timbre by leading the testing practices and driving quality on our first released game. Our QA Leads become player-focused experts on our projects, they enable creativity, empower innovation and foster a culture of fun for our growing teams!
What impact will you have as a Quality Assurance Lead at Timbre
- Be a ‘Advocate for Quality’ at Timbre - Promoting a quality and player-focused mindset throughout all games and departments
- Create test plans, document and iterate on quality processes guiding the testing strategy of our current project, continuing to develop the pillars for QA at Timbre
- Organize testing tasks and drive bug triages within our agile processes, collaborating with discipline partners and product owners to prioritize the bugs that drive the project forward
- Create a coaching culture by guiding the team through creative and technical problems, helping them to achieve their career goals
- Partner with the QA Manager and recruitment team to help build a diverse and inclusive QA team that values cross-discipline collaboration, with an emphasis on quality at the heart of their work.
- You will be doing some hands-on smoke and performance testing through pre-production… Becoming a ‘player-focused’ expert in our title and ensuring our games are FUN!
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience working in QA in games, preferably including taking a game from pre-production to finaling
- 1+ years working as a QA Lead on a PC/Console gaming project
- Experience formulating test plans and creating test strategies
- Agile planning or a deep desire to learn and grow this knowledge
- A collaborative approach to communication: you are experienced in delivering clear, concise messages that are easily understood by all disciplines, as well as any external partners
- Excellent organizational skills with a strong capability to manage multiple complex priorities
- You’re a thoughtful listener, a career facilitator and empathetic leader, and you use those skills to support the growth of humans in your team
What you'll gain:
Timbre aims to foster a workplace environment that empowers our team to do their best creative work. Below are a list of some of the benefits we offer to ensure you reach your full potential. As we continue to grow, we are co-creating more values-driven benefits to support our team.
• Competitive salary & comprehensive health benefits, including extended health, dental, vision, life and AD&D insurance, short / long-term disability, 24/7 counselling through an employee assistance program and a health spending account available to you from your first day
• Annual bonus & up to 5% RRSP matching available to you from your first day
• Flexible paid time off (unlimited), plus holiday closure between Christmas and New Years, as well as National Day for Truth and Reconciliation
• Work with us in Vancouver or remotely across Canada, utilizing our $500 work from home allowance
• 1 year gaming subscription and weekly gaming days
• My Pathway - a Career Development Program to provide a clear path for you to grow at Timbre
• 8 learning days per year and unlimited access to Udemy online courses
• A values driven culture with direct access to leadership and industry veterans with a wealth of knowledge to share
Timbre’s Commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Timbre Games is located in beautiful Vancouver, BC, Canada and on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territories of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam), Sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), and Sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations. Although our roots are in Vancouver, we work with a remote, distributed team across Canada. If you are interested in an opportunity at Timbre Games but are not presently residing in Canada, please note that we may be able to offer assistance in immigrating / relocating under the right conditions.
Timbre Games is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, marital status, military or veteran’s status (including protected veterans, as may be required by federal law), sexual orientation or any other category protected by law. We celebrate all backgrounds and attributes that make us unique and amazing - in this world and the ones we create!
At Timbre, we try to be mindful and not set unrealistic requirement expectations in order to apply. If you don’t tick all of the boxes of the role that you’re excited about, we encourage you to send your resume to our General Application inbox on our careers page, or, follow Timbre on LinkedIn to stay in touch with our newest openings.
Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
If what we’ve shared above resonates with you, connect with us today!
Apply for this job
Location: Timbre Games, Vancouver
Date found: 2023-01-23
Subscribe to all Quality Assurance jobs in Canada
Create Profile and Get Noticed