Skydance Interactive is seeking a QA Lead for Behemoth to oversee the execution of test plans and serve as a liaison between the development team and external test partners. The QA Lead will be responsible for ensuring that each game product meets both the vision of the creators and the high-quality standards of Skydance Interactive. The ideal candidate should have 5+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance testing of software projects, 3+ years of experience in a Lead Quality Assurance role, and experience with functional and usability testing on multiple gaming platforms (including Virtual Reality) and genres. The company provides a dynamic, demanding, and highly collaborative team environment where industry veterans and fresh upcoming talent work side by side to create world-class games across a variety of platforms. Skydance Interactive is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
Skydance Interactive – developers of the hit game The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners – is
looking for a QA Lead for Behemoth.
Reporting to the QA Manager, the QA Lead will oversee the execution of test plans and serve as
liaison between our development team and external test partners, with the purpose of
ensuring that each game product meets both the vision of the creators and the high-quality
standards of Skydance Interactive.
Skydance Interactive (formerly, The Workshop and now part of Skydance Media) has a long
track record of work on top tier titles such as The Evil Within, XCOM 2, and Gears of War 4. We
provide a dynamic, demanding, and highly collaborative team environment where industry
veterans and fresh upcoming talent work de by side to create world-class games across a
variety of platforms. #Interactive
- Plan, develop, and oversee the execution of project test plans and ensure tasks are accomplished in a timely and accurate manner.
- Create and maintain project test plans for our test partners to execute.
- Collaborate with test partners to ensure the Studio’s needs and expectations are met.
- Provide updates and progress on tasks and testing efforts to QA Manager and Production.
- Ensure that reporting and testing results meet the quality level set by the Studio.
- Work with test partners to communicate department policies, procedures, and best practices during new team member onboarding.
- Help team members develop appropriate knowledge and skills through training and constructive feedback, answering questions, troubleshooting, and additional direction for tasks and test cases.
- Collaborate with development team to provide testing support and feedback on various gameplay systems, assets, and game balance.
- Build and execute test strategy and plans to support the assigned Development team, working with the QA Manager, Development, and Production to create documentation and implement test plans.
- Participate in cross discipline meetings to ensure QA priorities are aligned with
- Development and Production needs.
- Maintain regular QA processes to ensure all testing is thorough and consistent.
- Communicate all major and blocking issues immediately to Development.
- Manage the bug database and review all issues entered by the test team, ensuring all required information is included and conforms to department standards.
- Proactively guide QA efforts and priorities based on Production and Development needs.
- Collaborate with Production and Development during 1st party certification process.
- Monitor and report results in a clear and concise manner.
- Follow instructions and carry out tasks/assignments as directed
- 5+ years of professional experience in Quality Assurance testing of software projects.
- 3+ years of experience in a Lead Quality Assurance role.
- Must be physically capable of working in VR for extended periods of time.
- Experience leading internal test teams or overseeing external test teams
- Experience with functional and usability testing on multiple gaming platforms (including Virtual Reality) and genres
- Highly skillful with Jira, or similar bug tracking software; able to organize and track staff assignments as well as extract data for project reports.
- Understanding of QA concepts, terminology, tools, debugging processes and procedures.
- Experience with 1st Party compliance/requirements testing.
- Strong knowledge of popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) in order to help others troubleshoot.
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and meet responsibilities without constant supervision.
- Ability to take direction, remain focused, and communicate detailed information in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in technical field or equivalent work experience.
- Understanding of the software test cycle process and iterative development.
- Familiarity with Perforce.
- Familiarity with Unreal Engine.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Country: ,United States,United States
Date found: 2023-04-15