WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
QUALITY ASSURANCE - UNREAL ENGINE
What we do
Epic Games is looking to significantly expand its internal full-time Quality Assurance team. We are looking for serious QA professionals with wide-ranging skills and experience who want to work embedded on a development team. Whether you have very limited QA experience or you have 15 years or more, we have a position for you.
What you’ll do
As a member of our team, the QA Engineer will own the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of core areas within our Framework-AI team. This individual is responsible for regular communication and coordination with the development team and QA staff, as well as identifying and implementing automated tests or processes wherever needed.
In This Role, you will
- Work with product owners, developers, and QA management to identify requirements, anticipate risks, and plan testing coverage for existing and upcoming AI features
- Build test strategies and test plans to cover the AI features in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
- Coordinate automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts
- Contribute automated test cases or tools within a framework
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing techniques to analyze quality across the AI feature set
- Analyze and troubleshoot reported defects and internal issues
- Report and track for data quality, and use that data to drive conversations around AI quality and developmental health
- Coordinate analysis and testing with other internal game development QA teams, such as the Fortnite AI team
What we’re looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Experience working on Gameplay and/or AI development features and systems
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and performance against consistently iterative development
- Problem solving experience especially in technical environments utilizing debugging tools and IDEs (Visual Studio, XCode, etc.) to investigate and report on results
- Experience creating test plans in accordance to design requirements/expectations
- Technical understanding of game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, or similar
- Experience testing across multiple platforms such as PC, Mac, Mobile, and Consoles
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed