WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
The Quality Assurance team owns the testing process, risk management, and quality evaluation of all
products and functions across Epic. Our team works closely with developers and production to ensure
the best possible user experience for our community and customers.
What You'll Do
You are a QA expert and developer who thrives and excels at delivering results at-scale. Your vision and
hands-on approach will continually maintain a high-quality, “testable software” mentality at Epic Games.
The Online Social team is looking for teammates who are passionate about upstream technical testing
while developing tools, automation, and capacity engineering to raise the quality bar while advancing
your technical capabilities and knowledge.
In this role, you will
- Collaborate with product owners, developers, and QA management to establish approval criteria,
identify risks, and plan testing scope for existing and upcoming features.
- Develop testing strategies and plans to verify multiple functionalities in a dynamic, fast-paced
- Coordinate automated, functional, qualitative, and performance testing efforts between
geographically distributed teams to deliver the highest quality product.
- Use a mix of manual and technical testing techniques to analyse quality; utilize testing layers to
validate backend functionality and UI experiences.
- Analyse and troubleshoot reported defects, internal issues, and customer facing issues.
What we're looking for
- 3+ years of software testing experience in a fast-paced environment with the ability to prioritize
and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Solid understanding of test methodologies, including automation, functional, qualitative, and
performance against consistently iterative development.
designing and maintaining automated tests.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven expertise in creating end-to-end test plans of a feature, identifying gaps in test coverage
and root cause analysis.
- Ability to prioritize and work independently, as well as in a team environment.
- Previous experience with video game testing is not required.
This role is open to multiple locations (including CA, NYC, and WA).
Pay Transparency Information
The expected annual base pay range(s) for this position are detailed below. Each base pay range is relevant only for individuals who are residents of or will be expected to work within the specified locale. Compensation varies based on a variety of factors, which include (but aren’t limited to) things such as skills and competencies, qualifications, knowledge, and experience. In addition to base pay, most employees are eligible to participate in Epic’s generous benefit plans and discretionary incentive programs (subject to the terms of those plans or programs).
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: BLANK,BLANK,Multiple Locations