Bungie seeks an experienced Production Director (PD) to lead production efforts for publishing an unannounced title. This Production leader will drive the execution of this new title’s go-to-market plans for a successful global launch. The Production Director is responsible for organizational health and effectiveness and product quality for their franchise area. The PD is responsible for aligning with Publishing and franchise leadership on our strategic and tactical plans. The PD will also lead a team of dedicated and shared producers to deliver against the franchise GTM (go to market) roadmap with industry-leading results in a sustainable, scalable way. The PD will mentor the wider Publishing Production organization, building best practices and handling management and career growth of their producers.
The Production Director reports to the Executive Producer, Publishing.
- Accountable for production of Publishing initiatives that align with Publishing goals, ensuring on-time, on-budget, and on-quality completion
- Manage all budgets for your Publishing Production group
- Deliver Publishing initiatives and Marketing campaigns that reflect our committed franchise goals with a team that can repeat its success while adhering to established budgets
- Work with the franchise leadership team to help create and deliver on the roadmap of future releases
- Serve as the ultimate escalation point for decision making within your franchise Publishing group
- Drive process design in alignment with Bungie Production standards and practices to adapt the Publishing organization to changing business and market conditions
- Drive the processes and rituals to keep franchise Publishing leaders aligned on strategy, prioritization, and risk management
- Working with senior Production staff to establish standards for Production tools and processes in alignment with Bungie Production standards and practices and drive continuous improvement
- Manage Producers within your franchise group, directly and indirectly
- Collaborate with them to define near-term goals. Mentor them regarding project or people challenges. Support them in achieving career objectives.
- Set standards for people management, performance management, talent development, and goal setting for Publishing Producers
- Design and iterate on the organizational structure of your production group, ensuring efficiency, sustainability, and high overall team health
- Define and maintain the franchise Production team's reporting structure, organizational chart, and succession plans within the franchise team
- Seek out dysfunction and misalignment and bring people together to resolve them
- Develop, refine, reinforce, and embody Bungie’s culture and values
- Support the recruiting and training of top publishing production talent
- Ensure high-quality standards for external vendor and agency management
- Foster an understanding of franchise goals and vision within your group
- Collaborate with other development group Production Directors and Leads to ensure plans are aligned and moving in lockstep
- Experience as a department leader overseeing producers and working with leads globally, across a large organization aligning with agencies and business partners
- Highest-level ability to establish and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders, external partners, and teammates to ensure mutual respect and excellent cooperation
- Experience in Agency, Publishing and Marketing operations
- Experience managing, mentoring, and building a team of professionals
- Experience in building, implementing, and managing cross-functional processes and plans through a strong understanding of marketing programs and strategies across all channels
- A mastery of written and verbal communication, and the ability to build and create consensus through data, compelling case studies, and engaging presentations
- The ability to anticipate potential challenges and create mitigation plans
- Experience delivering Marketing executions in a leadership position
- Impeccable organizational and time-management abilities and able to inspire this in others
- Self-starting, high agility, with the ability to distribute work across the organization
- Demonstrated excellence as a communicator, facilitator, and company ambassador
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
International FTE employees receive competitive benefits.
Location: Hybrid / Bungie-Approved Remote Locations