How would you like to be part of the team that will launch the next big F2P game from Wargaming, the maker of juggernauts like ‘World of Tanks’ and ‘World of Warships’?
The game creation is being led here at Wargaming’s brand-new UK studio, located in the heart of Guildford. It is aimed at the North American market, is based on a completely new IP and differs significantly from the existing Wargaming products. It’s a truly unique chance to be at the forefront of the next generation of PC and console F2P games!
As a Project Manager, you will be part of a team of project managers. You will be responsible for managing the team based in Guildford and supporting the development needs and identifying areas we need to support our publishing group. This is an opportunity to grow into a key publishing role within the studio.
You will not be making product decisions, that part is handled by producers in our studio. While the producers are focusing on what we should be doing and why we should be doing it, you are focusing on how we can deliver it effectively and reliably.
This is your opportunity to join a world-class project management team that takes pride in its ability to continuously improve our way of working to benefit the team, the game and ultimately the company! What could be more exciting than that?!
This position is based in Guildford, UK and reports to a Senior Project Manager.
What will you do?
- Act as main point-of-contact for internal teams
- Ensure teams have the information they need
- Represent core teams in Guildford
- Support product owners by managing the planning and scheduling of the work
- Provide visibility to PM’s working with remote teams
- Help teams manage their cross-location dependencies
- Strive to continuously improve the way we work and communicate with all teams
What are we looking for?
- Experience managing internal development teams with cultural differences
- Experience of a full game development cycle
- Great communicator who can work in a complex and dynamic environment
- Solid knowledge of game project management
- Experience working in agile development
- Believer in continuous improvement
What additional skills will help you stand out?
- Experience with JIRA, fluent in excel
- Games industry experience
- Has deployed agile methodologies into an organization before
Wargaming is an award-winning online game developer and publisher headquartered in Nicosia, Cyprus. Operating since 1998, Wargaming has become one of the leaders in the gaming industry with 15 offices worldwide, including studios in Chicago, Prague, Shanghai, Tokyo, and Vilnius. Our diverse and multicultural team works together to deliver a top-class experience to millions of players who enjoy Wargaming's titles across all major gaming platforms. Our flagship products include free-to-play hits World of Tanks, World of Warships and World of Tanks Blitz.
Country: United Kingdom