Firaxis is searching for an experienced and highly skilled Project Audio Lead to join our dynamic and creative audio team. As the Project Audio Lead, you will drive the creative and technical aspects of our projects' sound design, including asset creation, defining the aesthetic audio vision, managing a team of audio professionals, setting priorities, and ensuring high-quality audio experiences.
Collaborating with production and other project leads, you will plan tasks, allocate resources, and improve audio pipelines to elevate the audio quality of our title(s). As a mentor, troubleshooter, and champion for audio excellence, you will foster a culture of growth and contribute to the personal development of your team. Join us and make your mark in shaping the audio experience of our games!
A demo reel showcasing relevant sound design is required for consideration of this role.
- Lead and manage a team of sound designers, providing guidance and constructive feedback on audio quality, consistency, and implementation, taking ownership of the project's sound design and implementation process.
- Lead sound design pallet sessions to help develop the audio aesthetic for various systems and features.
- Create and implement audio assets to utilize across all aspects of our projects both linear and interactive, as needed.
- Work closely with production to define and prioritize tasks, plan project schedules, allocate resources, and ensure that deliverables and milestones are realistically achievable.
- Collaborate with Technical Sound Designers and Audio Programmers on implementation and system design features.
- Identify and improve legacy audio systems and pipelines to elevate the audio quality of the title and improve audio production practices.
- Align with the Studio Audio Director to ensure the global studio audio vision is consistently upheld, and resources are efficiently allocated in line with the strategic goals.
- Mentor and provide feedback to audio team members and contribute to their personal growth and development within the team.
- Work in partnership with other project leads to ensure cross-discipline collaboration of a shared vision toward all aspects of the game’s production, development, and creative direction.
- Develop and document project audio pipelines, while also facilitating the onboarding process for new audio team members.
- Work closely with outsourcing partners to support resource planning and review deliverables.
- Troubleshoot and debug complex audio issues throughout development.
- Be a mentor and foster a culture of growth and education within the audio team while being a champion for audio within the studio.
3+ Years of proven experience in leading and managing a team of sound designers, with a track record of delivering high-quality audio in the gaming or entertainment industry.
- At least one shipped AAA title or equivalent major project completed as a contributing member of an audio team and/or pipeline.
- Strong expertise in sound design principles, implementation, and audio production practices, with proficiency in industry-standard DAWs and audio middleware (Wwise).
- Highly proficient with AudioKinetic’s Wwise authoring tools.
- In-depth understanding of game development processes and workflows, allowing effective collaboration across disciplines, such as production, programming, art, and design.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to provide constructive feedback, mentor team members, and collaborate with stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong problem-solving skills, with the ability to troubleshoot and debug complex audio issues throughout development.
- Proactive and self-driven approach – able to prioritize tasks, manage resources, and meet deadlines in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Knowledge of industry trends, emerging technologies, and advancements in audio technology, and the ability to apply them creatively in game audio design.
- Passion for audio and gaming, with a keen ear for audio quality, aesthetics, and immersion, and a strong desire to drive innovation in audio design.
- Bachelor's degree in audio engineering, sound design, music production, or a related field, or equivalent professional experience a plus.
- Broad exposure to game development within modern game engines (Unreal, Unity, etc.) is a plus.
- Basic knowledge or understanding of programming languages such as C++, is a plus.
As a Project Audio Lead, you will play a crucial role in leading the creation of immersive and memorable audio experiences for our games. If you are a talented and experienced audio professional with leadership skills and a passion for games, we want to hear from you!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
Location: United States
Country: United States