Established in 2007, Sumo Video Games is one of India’s leading video game developers. We work hand in hand with Sumo Digital’s UK studios to build ground-breaking games and content for some of the world’s biggest publishers including Microsoft, Sony, Apple and Sega.
It’s an exciting time to be part of Sumo, winners of the Develop: Star Awards 2019 Best Studio; big things are on the horizon and we want you to be part of our continued journey. Join us!
We are looking for experienced programmers to join the Sumo Video Games team to contribute to the development of existing console and Windows based projects. Talented programmers will always find a home here at Sumo, no matter what your specialism is. We have opportunities to play a key part in our development in our programming team in Pune. Working alongside, including co-developing, our UK studios and development teams to build multi-genre AAA games across a variety of platforms.
As a Programmer you will:
- Write and be accountable for high quality source code.
- Work with designers to implement gameplay and user interface elements to the designers' specifications.
- Liaise with Quality Assurance to fix bugs.
- Ensure the game is compliant with manufacturer's guidelines for all the relevant platforms.
Must have skills:
- Proficiency in C/C++, with proven commercial experience
- Practical experience with 3D programming and mathematics
- Working experience in game production
- Excellent communication skills
- Have worked on at least one released game and/or experience with at least one current generation engine (UE4, CryEngine, Source, Unity etc.)
- Experience of source control systems
Useful to have:
- 2-5 years’ experience in the games industry.
- Contributed to shipped titles on console games.
- Graphics systems (3D graphics, animation, camera control, lighting, materials and shaders) knowhow.
- Experience of working to manufacturers' guidelines for the relevant platforms.
- Knowledge of the requirements placed on gameplay code by a multiplayer networked game.
- Networking experience (TCP/IP, UDP, both client-server and peer-to-peer).
- Memory management experience.
- Ability to co-ordinate work for a small team of programmers.
- Produce milestone and platform submission builds.
What we offer:
Our Studio is unique in India, giving our staff the opportunity to work directly on all leading gaming platforms, at every stage of game development.
Being part of Sumo's Pune studio is a rewarding experience, one that requires dedication, a strong sense of ownership over your work and an overwhelming enthusiasm for the games you work on.
In return we offer competitive salary, flexi-time & benefits, and excellent working environment and most importantly we will give you the room to be yourself and live your passion.
Additionally, we provide relocation reimbursement from other cities, a performance-linked bonus in addition to the fixed salary, opportunities to attend industry conferences and a complete and all-encompassing medical insurance package for our employees and their children.
Come join the team.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed