Skydance Animation is seeking a Production Supervisor with at least 6 years of experience in the VFX or animation industries, who has worked on at least 3 animated feature films and has experience working cross-site with crews on 2+ films. The Production Supervisor will be responsible for supervising all processes, procedures, and deliverables for a group of departments and ensuring the outputs and interactions of animation are aligned with production. The role involves leading a team of Production Coordinators, Production Assistants, and crew, collaborating with the Associate Production Manager and Production Manager in maintaining the master schedule for production, and working with Production Management to meet overall production scheduling and budget requirements. The ideal candidate should have excellent working knowledge of film production pipeline and methodologies, proficiency in English, and knowledge of software such as ShotGun, MS Office, Outlook, and production tracking databases. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
As the Production Supervisor, you will be responsible for the supervision of all processes, procedures, and deliverables for a group of departments and ensuring the outputs and interactions of animation are aligned with production.
- Lead your team of Production Coordinators, Production Assistants, and crew.
- Collaborate with the Associate Production Manager and Production Manager in maintaining the master schedule for production.
- Work with Production Management to meet overall production scheduling and budget requirements to ensure that the budget and schedule are updated as changes are made to the film’s production flow and/or staffing profile.
- Participate in all meetings with headquarters in L.A. involving the department.
- Understand and communicate to the Production Manager how changes may affect the budget, scheduling, and overtime.
- Ensure that weekly quotas, department milestones, and inventory expectations are met.
- Assign and keep track of department and individual artist productivity.
- Regularly assess department progress and come up with strategies to catch up or maintain productivity.
- Manage the crew's schedule and approve vacations.
- 6+ years of professional experience in the VFX or animation industries.
- Experience in at least 3 animated feature films.
- Experience working cross-site with crews on 2+ films is preferred.
- Software requirements: ShotGun, MS Office, Outlook, and knowledge of production tracking databases.
- Excellent working knowledge of film production pipeline and methodologies.
- Proficient in English.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-05-09