ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Production Director. You will join a team concentrated on building new game concepts and worlds centered around a focused player experience. As part of the Incubation team, you’ll have the freedom to create, experiment, and try new game ideas while forming new franchises and development teams. Everyone on the Incubation team is enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class games.
We are seeking a Production Director who is experienced in all phases of game development, from incubation to post-launch. We’re looking for someone who can own the production pipeline and partner with all the disciplines as we drive towards our development goals.
The salary range for this position is $197,200 – $305,600. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You’re a gamer and developer at heart. You care deeply about making a great game, maintaining a healthy/passionate team, sustainable development practices, and responsible use of resources to help develop amazing experiences.
- You love working in a collaborative, creative environment focused on bringing the next great adventure to the players!
- You are a champion of schedules with a considerable respect for developer’s time.
- You recognize that excellence comes with a commitment to quality and are prepared to protect developers time to achieve that goal.
- You believe in aiding development through regularly engaging the team to gain feedback to continuously improve production processes.
- You are a uniter and work to understand the team through strong relationships.
- You’re proactive at gaining deeper understanding about the project, the developers, and finding ways to maintain teams’ productivity.
- You care deeply about team wellbeing and creating a healthy, focused, and fun environment that allows developers to do their best work.
- You see production as a support system to developers and work diligently with developers to make the best products they can while focusing on the product.
- You clearly understand the phases of development and the deliverables teams need during those phases while continuously evaluating plans and methods based on developer feedback.
- You strive to continuously improve the development process through smooth communication and alignment for all key stakeholders.
- You actively seek feedback and support feedback culture.
- You have a developer focused mindset and a driven to help others succeed.
- Drive the planning and execution of all development goals across all disciplines with direct developer buy-in.
- Develop reporting methodologies for production to share progress and forecast dates for senior leadership and the development team.
- Hire and grow production team with a focus on methodologies, standardized processes, and release management.
- Define goals and planning that meet our development framework and reflect the game vision.
- Acts as the liaison and coordinator between counterparts, management, and/or third-party vendors to ensure relevant groups are aligned on plans and development schedules for product development.
- Collaborates with marketing to ensure effective information promotion and distribution.
- Provides regular reports to key stakeholders on project progress, risks, and opportunities.
- Help solidify ex-dev communication and cross department communication.
- Track and help facilitate alignment for milestone deliveries and short-term sprints.
- Work with team to create production and development partnerships that support in driving development forward in a collaborative and supportive fashion.
- Act as a point of contact for both internal and external project wide information sharing.
- Work with internal and external leadership to facilitate communication and delivery of team deliverables for milestones.
- Monitor team velocity with tracking with deliverables and hold bi-weekly production updates for cross department alignment and velocity updates.
- Track and quantify department expenses for leadership.
- 8+ years' leading game production pipelines.
- Excellent leadership, project management, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong project management fundamentals including capacity planning, scope assessment and management, and project milestone planning.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- First-hand knowledge of mobile, PC, console, and/or games-as-a-service development pipelines as they relate to games and game production.
- Strong Ex-Dev or Co-Dev experience.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- Competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent AAA video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Location: Bellevue, Washington
Country: United States