at www.skydance.com/careers. Skydance Interactive is looking for a Production Data Analyst to analyze data sources to provide valuable insights into the performance of their game production teams. Responsibilities include defining and tracking KPI's, gathering data from various sources, leading strategic analyses, providing data-driven recommendations, creating dashboards and reports, and providing support for executive updates and special projects. The ideal candidate should have a Bachelor's degree in business analytics, data science, computer science or other technical field, experience in data analytics or business analytics, preferably in the gaming industry, and excellent skills with excel and data visualization tools. The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $90,000 – $110,000. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
At Skydance Interactive, we believe in pushing the boundaries of what is possible in interactive entertainment. Innovation in game design, technology and storytelling is the passion that drives our agile studio of dedicated and talented game creators. Collaboration across all disciplines is vital to our success and is at the core of the inclusive culture we strive to foster every day.
We empower our employees to take ownership of the features they develop and create their own solutions when challenges arise. As our studio grows, we want to bring even more risk-takers, innovators and diverse voices along for the ride as we continue to create the games that will defy convention and define the future of the medium.
Our studio was founded in 2008 by several Treyarch veterans as The Workshop. For eight years, we built our reputation in the AAA console space working on hit titles such as Gears of War, XCom 2, Sorcery and The Evil Within.
In 2016, we joined forces with Skydance Media to form Skydance Interactive and set our sights on becoming the premiere studio in the burgeoning arena of Virtual Reality. Following the success of our first VR title Archangel, we elevated our ambition and tackled The Walking Dead universe in VR. The result was the 2018 genre-defining hit The Walking Dead: Saints & Sinners.
The Production Data Analyst will be responsible for analyzing various data sources to provide valuable insights into the performance of SDI’s game production teams. Overall, the goal of a Production Data Analyst is to help the production teams make data-informed decisions to continuously improve the Studio’s production methods.
- Define and track KPI’s, providing ongoing data informed production risk assessment against plan
- Gather data from various source, ensure that the data is accurate, up-to-date, and relevant to the production teams
- Maintain the quality of the data and ensure it is accurate and up-to-date
- Lead strategic analyses, extract useful insights from data in close collaboration with other functional teams
- Analyze data to identify patterns, trends and areas for improvement in the production process
- Provide data-driven recommendations to support decision making in the production teams
- Use data to identify and solve problems in production
- Create dashboards and reports to present the data in a way that is easily digestible for stakeholders
- Provide support for executive updates for senior leadership meetings
- Provide support for special projects
- Work closely with the production teams to understand their specific needs and requirements, and to ensure that the data you provide is relevant and actionable
- Communicate the findings and insights from the data analysis to the relevant stakeholders
- Bachelors in business analytics, data science, computer science or other technical field; Masters is a plus
- Experience in data analytics or business analytics, preferably in the gaming industry
- Excellent skills with excel and data visualization tools, able to create reports that are both data rich and easily digested
- Ability to influence and build trusted relationships with key cross-functional partners and senior leadership team
- Ability to synthesize and effectively communicate insights for executive and senior leadership team
- Strong communication, interpersonal, teamwork and organizational skills
- Comfortable with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding analytical problem-solving skills with a can-do demeanor and flexibility to accommodate evolving business needs
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects with competing priorities
- Experience with AAA games
- Fluent in SQL/Python
- Experience working in Tableau or similar programs
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $90,000 – $110,000. The salary offered may vary based on the candidate’s location, qualifications, experience and relevant expertise, among other factors. The range indicated is for base salary only and does not reflect the total compensation package, including bonus, benefits, etc.
We realize that skills and expertise can come from many different experiences and paths, and we encourage you to apply even if you don’t meet all of the requirements as written in the job description.
#jobsingaming #Analyst #gamejobs #Data #Interactive #LI-hybrid
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at email@example.com.
Apply for this job
Location: Santa Monica, Los Angeles
Country: United States
Date found: 2023-02-18