Product Owner, Defence
Improbable Defence’s product group exists to build products which enable governments to use synthetic environments to plan and train. The Product group manages a portfolio of valuable product-based offerings through the lifecycle.
This role is centred around developing and establishing valuable customer-facing training solutions on our platform. We develop our product offering through projects delivered collaboratively with partners and with close contact with our customers. Your role will be to uncover and understand the requirements of our customers and end users from MOD and to distill and prioritise these to guide our project engineering efforts.
Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance
Areas of Impact
- Represent the voice of our customers, end users, and partners.
- Collaborate with stakeholders during the visioning and concept development of the product.
- In service of the project vision, develop scope and refine requirements through epics, features and detailed user stories with acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements.
- Identify the key requirements and features, and understand their value to stakeholders. Provide engineering teams direct access to this understanding.
- Own stories and acceptance criteria, following a single thread from project vision to requirement capture through to product release, especially on backlog and during engineering sprints.
- Represent the customer, end user, and Product team to engineering teams provide guidance to support comprehension of prioritisation and intent.
- Work closely with UX Researchers, Product Designers and Engineering managers to analyse and prioritise stories, epics and tasks to deliver the product strategy and value for the business.
We Would Like To Hear From You If You Identify With The Following:
- Previously worked in the Defence industry or for a Government entity such as the MoD.
- Ability to rapidly understand new user communities, their use cases, and key needs and wants
- Ability to understand and balance the competing aims of company, customer and userAbility to think about the bigger vision and executing on minor detailing
- Strong communication skills, and a collaborative working style
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop repeatable reporting and processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development
- Ability to discuss and reason about technical concepts
- Ability to translate feedback from broad audiences into engineering requirements.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20