In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
This role is centred around building decision support applications on top of our platform. We develop simulation-backed software applications to help our customers make better and faster decisions. Your role will be to uncover and understand the requirements of the customer and users of our applications; to distil and prioritise these to guide our engineering efforts, and to identify areas where our underlying software platform can be improved.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know.
- Represent the voice of our partners and customers.
- Identify the key requirements and features for products, and understand their value to customer and partner stakeholders.
- Refine requirements to detailed user stories and acceptance criteria that may include technical requirements.
- Work closely with UX Researchers, Product Designers and Engineering managers to analyse and prioritise stories, epics and tasks to deliver the customer solution, product strategy and value for the business.
- Lead the development of solution release plans and set expectations for delivery of new functionality.
- Represent the Product function in the weekly rhythm of engineering delivery.
Why You're Made for This
- Ability to think about the bigger vision and executing on minor detailing
- Strong communication skills, and a collaborative working style
- Excellent organisational and management skills
- Demonstrated ability to develop repeatable reporting and processes or improve existing processes in and out of product development
- Ability to discuss and reason about technical concepts
- Ability to translate feedback from broad audiences into engineering requirements.
- Deep understanding of technology and development best practices
- Experience working with engineers in a software delivery environment
- Preferably a strong academic grounding in Computer Science, Maths, Engineering or similar.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed