Sumo Leamington is a game development studio that specializes in service-based games, free to play titles, and mobile games. They are looking for a Product Manager to plan and execute content, features, and monetization for their live service game. The ideal candidate should have experience working with game economies at scale, understanding of KPI best practices, backlog management experience, and expertise in stakeholder reporting and storytelling through data. Sumo Leamington offers a range of benefits, including flexible working, annual bonus and salary reviews, electric car scheme, pension scheme, and more. They are committed to creating a safe, accepting, and affirming working environment for everyone and encourage applicants from all backgrounds. The studio is located in Leamington Spa, a town with rich culture, history, and picturesque scenery. Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios, and recent releases include Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, and Little Orpheus.
About Sumo Leamington
Established in 2019, Sumo Leamington is led by a team of industry veterans with a wealth of experience in the games industry.
With three core specialisms: service-based games, free to play titles and mobile, the team at Sumo Leamington are focussed on creating games which players keep coming back to – day after day, year after year.
As winners of the TIGA Star Employment Award for 2021, recipients of the GI Biz 2020 Best Places to Work Award and listed as one of the UK’s 100 Best Large Companies to Work for in 2021, Sumo Digital has enjoyed 18 years of stability and growth since its formation in 2003 and continues to strive for excellence across every single project.
The team at Sumo Leamington is growing, and we’re looking for the industry’s brightest stars to help bring a series of incredible projects to life.
The role @ Sumo
As a Product Manager, you will report to the Lead Product Manager and be responsible for the planning and execution of content, features, and monetization for our live service game. You will use your expertise to set KPIs, analyze both qualitative and quantitative data, and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to achieve product success.
To be successful you will have:
- Experience working with game economies at scale, including F2P, Subscription, and UGC business models.
- Understanding and application of KPI best practices during all stages of a title’s lifecycle.
- Backlog management experience in a development situation, with publishing experience as a plus.
- Prioritization framework utilization (e.g. ICE, Jobs to be Done) in Backlog Management.
- Designing, running, and analyzing A/B tests at scale, with knowledge of testing frameworks and treatment options such as RFM.
- Data-driven environment experience with competency in SQL or other query languages, and hybrid insights - incorporating qualitative and quantitative data.
- Cross-discipline collaboration experience.
- Expertise in stakeholder reporting and storytelling through data
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
What We Offer:
· Annual Bonus & Annual Salary Reviews
· Electric Car Scheme
· Salary Sacrifice Pension Scheme
· Flexible Working
· 27 Days Holiday, including your birthday a duvet day and Christmas
· Holiday ‘buy and sell’ scheme
· Access to 4,000 Udemy Courses, The Gnomen Workshop, GDC Vault and more
· Enhanced Mat/Paternity & Adoption pay
· Free Life Assurance - 4x Salary
· Free Income Protection Scheme -up to 75%
· Free Dental Insurance
· Supportive Employee Assistance Programme with confidential 24/7/365 helpline & app
· Access remote GP, Mental Health, Physio appointments & medical second opinions
· Additional flexible benefits scheme
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Mental Health First Aiders
· Payroll Giving Scheme
· Game & Book Libraries
· Long service & project completion awards
· Wrap Parties
· Alternative Travel Prize Draw
· The Sumo GameJam
· Great family events
· Studio clubs, inc. running, board games, film…
· Life Drawing
· Yoga Classes
· Free fruit and drinks
· Employee Referral Bonus
· Career Development
Where do we stand on diversity?
At Sumo, we want to enable everyone to bring their full, authentic selves to work every single day. We acknowledge that the games industry is far from perfect and a global organisation with people all over the world, from all kinds of backgrounds, we know it’s part of our duty to provide everyone at Sumo with a safe, accepting and affirming working environment.
We encourage and welcome applicants from all backgrounds.
More about Sumo Leamington:
Sumo Leamington is situated just outside of the town centre and was recently awarded the Games Industry BIZ Best Diversity Award – a testament to its ongoing commitment to creating a home for everyone. The Studio features many onsite facilities – everything needed for the team to create the world’s best games!
Ranked the happiest town to live in two official polls, Leamington Spa is a hidden gem nestled amongst the stunning countryside of Warwickshire and remains a hotspot for talented individuals and creative minds within the games industry. Those living in Leamington Spa can enjoy:
o Local attractions such as Jepson Gardens and the Royal Pump Rooms
o A rich and diverse culture
o An expansive history and stunning architecture
o Picturesque scenery, outstanding gardens and walking routes
o Beautiful museums and galleries
More about Sumo Digital:
Sumo Digital is an award-winning international family of studios. Recent releases from Sumo Digital studios include: BAFTA-Award winning Sackboy: A Big Adventure, Hood: Outlaws & Legends, Control Ultimate Edition on Google Stadia, Apple Arcade Award-winning Little Orpheus, Hot Shot Racing, WST Snooker and Spyder.
Apply for this job
Location: Leamington Spa
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-04-29