PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Los Angeles, CA
Join us for this exciting chance to make PlayStation the best place to develop and publish! Are you passionate about gaming? Do you love product management? Are you excited to deliver real change to customers? Then jump on this moment to become part of our growing international team that’s delivering the next generation of partner experiences, which we call PlayStation Partners.
Whether developers or publishers, middleware companies or academia, QA or community managers, we want to enable all our partners to get their jobs done with as little effort and time as possible. As a key member of our product management organization, you’ll work cross-functionally on strategy, planning, and execution within our growing Partners Platform group. You will lead key product efforts which streamline the way our operators and our partners submit games and apps and monetize them through the PlayStation Store and retail.
The goal of this role is to help content creators get their content to market as quickly and easily as possible while helping them reach as many consumers as possible.
- Develop and evangelize the vision and strategy for the PlayStation Partners: Publishing platform, leading the product development of new and existing tools and services to support content creators and SIE.
- Work with game creators and globally distributed internal partners to develop a roadmap for technology products and assess prioritization on the backlog.
- Own your product: research, analyze and identify business and customer priority outcomes while aligning the PlayStation strategic plan to develop the feature roadmap. Lead the feature design, execution and launch processes with internal partners. Own all product outcomes including the timely quality release of product features, usability, and performance metrics
- Collaborate with engineering teams to clearly convey requirements and provide insight into business rationale/benefits, including speaking publicly at large planning events
- Ensure features are backed by important metrics, and that success is measured on an ongoing basis.
- Develop hands-on, in-depth knowledge of the competition, and maintain a technical analysis of relative strengths and weaknesses.
- BA/BS Degree or equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in a product management or related role, focused in online commerce publishing, pricing or promotions tools
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and ability to present ideas to large audiences.
- Self-motivated and results oriented.
- Ability to travel for key stakeholder meetings (Post COVID)
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in the games industry, preferably in publishing or release management, with awareness/experience of live service / games as a service (GaaS)
- Experience in digital publishing, pricing, promotions and marketing with a good level of understanding of online commerce tools and practices.
- Hands-on experience in an agile software development process. Knowledge of waterfall development.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with partners and project team members to further the objectives of products and services
- Experience in a fast paced, multiple project environment on an independent basis and with minimal direction
- Examples of prior work (requirements documents, user stories, wireframes, user flows, etc)
At SIE, we consider several factors when setting each role’s base pay range, including the competitive benchmarking data for the market and geographic location.
Please note that the base pay range may vary in line with our hybrid working policy and individual base pay will be determined based on job-related factors which may include knowledge, skills, experience, and location.
In addition, this role is eligible for SIE’s top-tier benefits package that includes medical, dental, vision, matching 401(k), paid time off, wellness program and coveted employee discounts for Sony products. This role also may be eligible for a bonus package. Click here to learn more.
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Location: United States, Los Angeles, CA
Country: United States