At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is seeking experienced Product Managers to help us manage the growth of our online platform, Social Club. In this full-time role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of talented stakeholders and collaborators to drive new feature development from ideation through launch and iteration.
As a Product Manager on the Rockstar Games Launcher team, you will help us create, communicate, and execute our vision for bringing players the best possible play experiences on PC. You will think through ideal user flows, understand player expectations through detailed product analysis, and meticulously break down high-level projects into granular feature requirements.
WHAT WE DO
- The Rockstar Games Social Club is a technology platform that powers Rockstar’s online titles and our ability to deliver world-class player experiences.
- We create and maintain high-impact features for Grand Theft Auto Online, Red Dead Online, the Rockstar Games Launcher, and the Social Club website, as well as the core Social Club player accounts ecosystem and related social and messaging channels.
- The Rockstar Games Launcher Product Manager will be tasked with owning a backlog of features, leading discovery efforts for new features, producing detailed feature requirements, working with production and tech leadership to execute on new feature requests, and lead post-launch analysis initiatives to determine the effectiveness of each new feature launched.
- Turn general initiatives from executive leadership into actionable product plans.
- Advocate for player needs at every step of the development cycle.
- Collaborate with UX and visual designers to transform bold concepts into refined, well-scoped features.
- Draft product briefs and liaise with technical leadership to gauge feasibility and level of effort.
- Perform detailed analyses of competing launcher applications including feature sets, content offerings, and general UX.
- Generate product roadmaps and secure consensus from stakeholders on scope and deliverable timelines.
- Author Product Requirement Documents containing details of features on the roadmap.
- Command a high-level mastery of features and systems within your portfolio and explain their capabilities and limitations to non-technical stakeholders.
- Leverage Google Analytics, Tableau, and internal reporting systems to generate insights on product performance and inform feature design.
- Educate internal stakeholders about Social Club systems and tools and advocate for their use in service of new titles, content releases, and live operations.
- Ensure technical and user documentation is properly maintained and organized.
- 3+ years of technology product management experience specialized in PC gaming and/or customer facing applications.
- Experience in building end-to-end application features including front-end design and back-end service requirements.
- Knowledge of popular desktop applications used by PC players such as Discord and Steam.
- Experience building products that serve multiple distinct purposes for players such as socializing, shopping, and account management.
- Expertise in using A/B testing to increase application retention and engagement rates.
- Experience defining KPIs for multi-faceted consumer applications based on high-level business goals.
- Expertise in collecting and analyzing feature performance through advanced analytics, tracking of KPIs, deep analysis of user behavior, and user intent.
- Experience with data-driven prioritization of features, objectives, and team tasks.
- Ability to plan and time key releases based on company priorities and timelines.
- Passion for building and maintaining supplemental products and experiences that ensure players get the most out of the games they love.
- Outstanding communication skills to get multiple stakeholder teams united and focused on the key objectives.
- Confidence cultivating technical projects through inception, design, implementation, and post-launch analysis.
- Preference towards working iteratively and responding to changing requirements and evolving stakeholder visions.
- Knack for influencing stakeholders across a variety of groups – including publishing, design, technical leadership, and external development partners.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Experience in the video game industry, desktop application, or a SaaS environment.
- Avid gamer with a passion for Rockstar Games titles.
- Experience with multiple business areas, including Customer Experience, Marketing, Game Development, Legal, etc.
- Experience building products and features within a structured product organization.
- Experience mentoring junior product managers.
- Certified Scrum Product Owner or similar product-focused certification.
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we are committed to hiring, promoting, and compensating employees based on their qualifications and demonstrated ability to perform job responsibilities.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, or race.
The pay range for this position in New York City at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.
Location: Manhattan, New York, United States
Country: United States