In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
Improbable Defence’s product group exists to build products which enable governments to use synthetic environments to plan and train. The Product group manages a portfolio of valuable product-based offerings through the lifecycle. Our team works as part of the broader Product team and enables our customers to harness the power of our technology, focusing our capabilities to bring them and their user's unquestionable value, delivered through intuitive and insightful interfaces.
You will join a well-established, agile Product team as an embedded Designer and play a vital team role, contributing to and influencing how we design, test and iterate to deliver meaningful user experiences.
- You will lead client engagement and develop trustful and collaborative relationships with colleagues, our customers (clients), and end-users.
- You will work closely with Product Managers, Owners, and engineering and model engineering teams to define and prioritise features.
- Collaborations with engineers to implement designs to the highest quality.
- You will lead user research and product development workshops with support from our Product Researchers.
- You will contribute to and be a lead owner of our design and component system.
- You will advocate the value and benefits of Design Thinking across the business and with our customers.
Why You're Made for This:
- You have experience acting as a subject matter expert in an agile team and advocating good practice, in end-to-end product design processes from discovery to delivery.
- You have experience and demonstrable expertise in engaging and influencing customers and stakeholders to achieve optimal, user-centred outcomes.
- You are fluent in modern product design approaches and foundational interaction design principles and patterns.
- You have experience of shipping digital products, ideally in a B2B setting.
- Proven experience and aptitude translating complex technical subject matter to user requirements and solutions.
- You can produce production-level visual and interaction design.
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
This role is hybrid so partly in-office and partly remote. We are located in London, with some travel required to customer and user locations. Flexibility will also be required so that you can join in-office team activities when required.
Due to the nature of this role, you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance; including an unbroken residency in the UK for the previous 5 years. If you think that this might be an issue for you, please let us know.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – London
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed