WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
What We Do
Put your design skills to work at a cutting-edge company that challenges the norm. From character and level design to competitive gameplay and system design, help shape the future of interactive entertainment at Epic.
What You'll Do
You’ve made games and sample games as a core of your career. You have experience in developing gameplay using code and tools. You’ve helped set the direction for both frameworks and games. In this role you’ll help to design and inform the development of the framework for the metaverse. From in-game Creators to AAA developers you’ll ensure that developers have a framework that provides the power to bring their vision to life. You’ll gather feedback and be open to testing your assumptions on the product design working with engineering, design, art, and community in developing a new framework..
In this role, you will
- Develop a deep understanding of how the tools and code will be used to create experiences
- Partner with the engineering team to design, implement and validate the framework and solutions to create experiences through code and tools
- Use the tools to make experiences
- Design and inform implementation the tools
- Work with product management, publishing, developer relations, and the community to gather and consider new features and improvements to develop.
- Work with the publishing and partnerships teams to understand and support their efforts.
What we're looking for
- 10 years of experience in games or game development tools with a focus on creating gameplay experiences.
- Experience with developing game editor tools and/or in-game creation tools, such as Unreal Editor, Unity, or internal game development tools.
- Ability to assess systems and features from an end-user perspective.
- Experience with software as a service (SAAS).
- Experience with multiple scripting languages, visual and text based.
- Experience working with a variety of disciplines.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to drive consensus with clever, thoughtful people.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
EPIC JOB + EPIC BENEFITS = EPIC LIFE
Our intent is to cover all things that are medically necessary and improve the quality of life. We pay 100% of the premiums for both you and your dependents. Our coverage includes Medical, Dental, a Vision HRA, Long Term Disability, Life Insurance & a 401k with competitive match and profit share. We also offer a robust mental well-being program through Modern Health, which provides free therapy and coaching for employees & dependents.
Throughout the year we celebrate our employees with events and company-wide paid breaks. We offer unlimited PTO and sick time and recognize individuals for 7 years of employment with a paid sabbatical.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed