Magic Leap is looking for a Process Engineer to contribute significantly to our core lightfield technology. You will work collaboratively with the Optical Engineering group to develop and optimize our critical eyepiece manufacturing processes to improve eyepiece yield, quality, performance and cost in our high volume manufacturing eyepiece factory. In this role you are responsible for process optimizations and improvements, as well as new tool qualifications.
Our fab produces world class digital light field eyepieces that power up our mixed reality product throughout the world. In this exciting and very dynamic team-based environment, you will support and contribute to intellectual property process and equipment development activities, working closely with Optical, Manufacturing, and Quality Engineers, as well as with production operators and technicians to identify and resolve issues.
- Design, collect data, analyze and compile reports on a variety of engineering experiments
- Perform hardware/process characterization and define process window and process hardware interaction
- Troubleshoot a variety of complex problems, perform Root Cause Analysis and resolve a variety of difficult machine/process engineering issues
- Generate internal and external documentation for products, presentations and technical reports
- Interact with development engineers to define new process and capabilities
- Develop strategy for project execution to solve complex technical problems
- Takes a new perspective on existing solutions and requires innovative thinking
- Drive defect reduction/throughput/OEE improvement activities for cost reduction and on time delivery
- Analyze inspection data along with yield and parametric data
- Coordinate failure analysis activities and execute DOE to find root cause and quickly implement corrective actions
- Enhance and create automated data analysis scripts and reports
- Engineering Degree (Bachelor’s or higher in electrical, chemical, materials engineering or a related field)
- 2+ years experience in relevant field a plus
- Semiconductor MFG/Fab knowledge, Optics, or other Cleanroom and processing experience and background is a plus
- Design, perform, and analyze a variety of engineering experiments
- JMP or other statistical analysis software knowledge/experience preferred
- Strong problem solving skills with knowledge methodologies like DMAIC, fishbone, and/or 8D
- Strong communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills, aptitude and desire for learning new skills
- M.S. or Ph.D. degree in Engineering or other science related fields is a plus
- All your information will be kept confidential according to Equal Employment Opportunities guidelines.
Location: Plantation, FL
Country: United States