Wizards Of The Coast
At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the globe through play and imagination. From our extremely popular Duel Masters game in Japan, to our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons®, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in!
The Duel Masters Studio is hiring a Print Production Graphic Designer who will optimize and craft production files for print and digital assets in Japanese. These files must be built to spec and schedule, following WotC file-building guidelines with an eye for clean layouts, innovative design, and demonstrating a passion for visual storytelling. Our outstanding artwork, intriguing characters, engaging worlds, and tales of fantastical adventure are waiting for you!
The Graphic Designer will execute and optimize Duel Master’s packaging “look and feel” using all the skills of the modern creative – identity, structural, graphic design, illustration, typography, and art direction. This is a tactical, hands-on design role in which you will ensure that the style and quality of all assets conform to the vision and requirements as defined by our brand standards, the Art Directors and our production processes. This role will build graphic elements, perform layout, design, and prepare for output long-format design for all things Duel Masters.
What You'll Do:
Using primarily Adobe InDesign / Photoshop and Illustrator you will concept, pitch, execute, and deliver creative solutions for Duel Masters TCG packaging and product — everything from packaging mock-ups to final print-ready files —while sticking to design industry standards. In this role, you will:
- Build multiple visual solutions based on creative direction and strategy provided while constantly innovating on the brand.
- Communicate and execute feedback from Art Directors and Studio Managers.
- Stay up-to-date on current design trends and pursue creative development by collaborating with management and peers to develop skills.
- Produce and refine graphic files for Japanese packaging, card and components and files production.
- Coordinate final approval on assets you build.
- Review proofs with Art Director.
- Keep up to date with project status by attending meetings and communicating with team members.
- Manage immediate individual work schedule to ensure timely file delivery.
- Uphold Wizards high-quality production standards at all times.
- Collaborate to ensure that all printed materials are produced to a consistently high standard.
What You'll Bring:
- 3 + yrs experience in a Graphic Design, Typesetting in Japanese or similarly related role in Print Production.
- Fluency in Japanese and English.
- Portfolio demonstrating high-quality design work related to Print.
- Passion for packaging, structural, and print processes.
- Specialization in Japanese InDesign (with Ruby text), Photoshop, and Illustrator software, with experience crafting clean, print-ready files.
- Familiarity with the materials and manufacturing processes related to consumer packaging and print production standards.
- Ability to use brand strategy to produce strong, conceptual, creative solutions.
- Comfortable working in an ambiguous and constantly evolving creative environment.
- Accustomed to maintaining a strong attention to detail in a fast-paced, iterative, and audience-focused environment.
- Awesome written + verbal communication skills paired with strong collaboration ability.
- Problem-solving, time management and workload balancing skills.
- Great teammate, enjoy working as a team member as well as remotely and independently with the ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships.
We are an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for satisfactory performance in this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of the duties, responsibilities, or requirements of the position.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed