Principal Synthetic Environment Architect, Defence
Improbable Defence’s Customer Partner Success team are obsessed with delivering the best Synthetic Environments our users have ever experienced across a wide range of use cases, from operational decision support, to large scale collective training across the Live, Virtual, and Constructive blend. They do this by understanding our customers' needs, our partners' technologies, and creating solutions leveraging our platform technologies while staying true to the scientific goals underpinning responsible synthetics usage.
As a Synthetic Environment Architect, your role is centred around working with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to design and build a synthetic environment that delivers defensible, interpretable content to transform military decision-making practices through use of data and modelling and simulation.
You will take ownership of the overall scientific architecture for high profile customer projects, ranging from technology demonstrators to multi-year programmes. It will require a fundamental understanding of the underlying data and scientific models, combined with excellent customer engagement skills and the ability to work collaboratively and drive alignment across a wide range of functions and stakeholders.
Please note due to the nature of this role you will be expected to meet requirements associated with obtaining UK security vetting clearance.
Areas of Impact:
- Act as an expert on the content ecosystem (data, models and analytics) that underpins the synthetic environments delivered to our customers.
- Own the modelling architecture; designing and communicating how to create the right synthetic environment solution.
- Act as a bridge between the customer and modelling teams, translating user goals to scientific requirements.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to design a synthetic environment that delivers high user value.
- Oversee the design and implementation of first and third party modelling solutions.
- Work with Product Designers and UX Engineers to ensure that insights derived from the synthetic environment are surfaced to users in a transparent and interpretable way.
- You will be part an experienced leadership team with a deep commitment to delivering values to our customers, growing the organisation and promoting a healthy culture.
We would like to hear from you if you identify with the following:
- You have excellent analytical and problem solving skills, and are able to design complex solutions under project, technology and scientific constraints.
- You have an ability to translate ambiguous customer goals into well-defined data and modelling requirements.
- You have experience working with data (preferably including GIS data) and models (preferably agent-based models).
- You are an excellent communicator, with a track record of conveying complex technical concepts to non-technical audiences.
- You have a strong scientific background, e.g. at PhD level or equivalent in Maths, Physics, Engineering or Computer Science, and extensive experience working with scientific models and simulations in an applied setting.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Date posted: 2022-01-20