In defence, we’re transforming how those who keep us safe prepare for the threats of the future. Join us and you’ll help build the most innovative virtual worlds available, so our defenders can plan, train and make life-saving decisions in the real one.
We believe that the grand scale adoption of single synthetic environments by governments and international institutions will give rise to a powerful capability for global good. New levels of whole force preparedness and the harnessing of previously unattainable foresight will ultimately prevent states from stumbling into war; contributing to a more secure and prosperous world and bringing about the end of unnecessary human conflict.
Modelling and Decision Science is a brand new division, taking all of the learnings and developments we have made in our customer projects and shaping them into great new modelling products.
- Involved across all aspects of the engineering workflow both as contributor and lead / reviewer. This includes: reviews, architecture design documentation, prototyping, concepting, technology selection and data strategy.
- Evangelising best practices and mentoring a team of engineers to write high-quality, idiomatic, modular and battle-tested software using Python or C++.
- Able to make design and execution decisions, manage stakeholders, influence change and enable multiple teams to deliver successfully.
- Maintain a deep understanding of our platform technologies and tooling capabilities, and help to inform their development
- Own the architectural and integration decisions for the Modelling and Decision Sciences area
Why You're Made for This
- Significant Python or C++ software engineering experience working on commercial software across multiple companies, industries or domains.
- Excellent engineering and problem solving skills, and are able to design solutions under product, technology and scientific constraints
- Product focused, and passionate about ensuring that users understand and can easily interact with our tools
- Experience collaborating with engineers, product owners and product managers in a fast paced, technology-driven environment
- Calm under pressure; being able to deal with multiple risks, issues, tasks and priorities concurrently
- Experience working with data and building models (for example, agent-based models)
- Have solid understanding and practical experience using software design patterns to produce modular, scalable and maintainable code.
- Importantly, you are considerate, humble, and a strong believer in teamwork
Everyone brings different experiences, perspective, knowledge and skills that makes each one of us brilliant. You don't have to meet all the requirements and experiences on this job advert to apply for and be successful in this role.
Improbable is determined to foster an environment where people can do their best work and feel like they belong. We believe a healthy culture, strong values and contribution from a diverse range of individuals will help us to achieve success.
We do not discriminate based on race, ethnicity, gender, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any other legally protected status.
Life at Improbable
Diversity, inclusion & belonging
Apply for this job
Location: Hybrid – London
Date found: 2022-11-06
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed