The job is for a backend engineer to work in a team of developers to deliver, deploy and integrate backend services for industry-leading game projects. The candidate will work alongside the Lead Software Engineer/Technical Director and stakeholders to extract requirements and define solutions. They will also be responsible for overseeing code implementation and delivery by the backend team. The ideal candidate should have solid engineering and code architecture skills, problem-solving skills, and experience in Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, or C++. They should also have experience building distributed applications, knowledge of Microservices and service-oriented architectures (SOA), and experience in game development and shipping a game title. The job is remote-friendly, and the company is big on wellbeing.
The Multiplayer Group (MPG) are 300 developers and data scientists, helping our clients and partners build 20+ AAA projects at any one time. We’re probably the most experienced multiplayer dev group in the world and we’re set up to help the games industry make games more easily, to deliver the highest quality, and become long-term partners.
We hire the best people, our talented team is spread across the globe. We’re remote-friendly and big on wellbeing, so if you love the sound of us, we’d love to hear from you!
Working in a team of backend engineers to deliver, deploy and help integrate backend services as part of industry leading game projects. Working alongside the Lead Software Engineer/Technical Director and stakeholders to extract requirements and help define solutions. Spearhead and oversee code implementation and delivery by the backend team on genre defining titles.
What you'll be doing:
- Individual contribution: construct systems, write code, deployments, etc.
- Extract requirements and advise on solutions, working alongside the Lead to provide high profile support to the client
- Work with the team and stakeholders to estimate and prioritise work
- Work with the team to iterate on solutions that fit requirements
- Lead development through individual contribution
- Set and maintain high quality standards and process: tests, CI/CD, documentation
- Help and mentor team members in day-to-day work
What we'll need from you:
- Solid engineering and code architecture skills
- Solid problem solving, debugging and optimisation skills
- Previous experience in ONE or more of the following languages: Golang, Java, C#, Node.js, C++
- Ability to create high level documentation, diagrams, designs, etc
- Ability to advise team members on technical and production matters
- Ability to communicate with multiple stakeholders and prioritise work
- Experience building distributed applications
- Knowledge of Microservices and service oriented architectures (SOA)
- Attention to detail with a strong ability to analyse and comprehend direction
- A good communicator with the ability to verbalise conceptual thoughts and the willingness to accept constructive critique
- Previous experience in game development and shipping a game title
What would help:
- Golang experience is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud platforms: Amazon AWS, Google Cloud and Microsoft Azure
- Strong Database experience with both SQL and No SQL highly desirable, especially Kubernetes and Docker
- Experience developing server backends for AAA games, free-to-play (mobile) games, casino apps or similar
Apply for this job
Location: Remote - UK
Country: United Kingdom
Date found: 2023-04-11