Guerrilla is looking for an experienced and hardworking Principal Gameplay Systems Designer to help build a variety of meaningful choices in core gameplay loops. We are searching for an outstanding candidate capable of designing and using gameplay systems and their parameters to build items and character skills that can result in fun, exciting and spectacular experiences.
As a successful candidate, you will work closely with System Designers, UI/UX Designers, Gameplay Programmers and multi-disciplinary teams to build gameplay systems and contents that offer variety and excitement to engage our players on a tactical layer.
What you will do
As a Principal Systems Designer (Online) at Guerrilla, you will:
- Design, prototype and implement gameplay systems and contents related to character skills, items and power progression.
- Work closely with the Combat Designers and Engagement Designers to develop systems that allow players to make choices that affect their gameplay experience from minute to minute gameplay to overall account progression.
- Work closely with your Lead, Directors and Producers to ensure a timely delivery of design documents and in-game features.
- As an expert in gameplay systems design, you'll provide guidance and mentorship for junior to senior level Gameplay Systems Designers.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary teams to implement gameplay features from concept to release at highest possible quality in timely manner.
- Collaborate with the data analytics and player research teams to analyze player’s behaviors and metrics to continuously improve the game and to evaluate gameplay systems for continuous iteration and improvements.
Who you are
- You have 8+ years of experience as a Senior Gameplay System Designer on multiple shipped titles with proven experience working on gameplay systems related to character skills, items and power progression.
- During your career, you have shipped at least one AAA game where you were heavily involved in Gameplay Systems Design, preferably for an online multiplayer action game.
- You have a passion for, and deep understanding of, third-person action games and have thoroughly played a wide variety of different titles.
- You have excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- You have technical understanding of visual scripting languages, animation state machine, and challenges of state replication.
- You are comfortable with providing and receiving constructive criticism.
- You are self-motivated and take initiative.
Please note: Unless stated otherwise, our vacancies are based on-site, in our studio in Amsterdam. For qualified candidates, we offer visa, permit, relocation and immigration support. Depending on the role, we do offer hybrid work models allowing our employees to work from home one or more days per week.
If you think you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you! You can apply by hitting the “apply now” button. Be sure to submit your CV, Cover Letter and a link or PDF file of your portfolio where you showcase your best and most recent work.
At Guerrilla, we believe that our team’s varied backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives help us create games that resonate with a diverse audience.
As an equal opportunities employer, we strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity.
We encourage everyone to respond as we consider all candidates on the basis of their merit, unique strengths, and perspectives they will bring to the role.