PlayStation isn’t just the Best Place to Play — it’s also the Best Place to Work. Today, we’re recognized as a global leader in entertainment producing The PlayStation family of products and services including PlayStation®5, PlayStation®4, PlayStation®VR, PlayStation®Plus, acclaimed PlayStation software titles from PlayStation Studios, and more.
PlayStation also strives to create an inclusive environment that empowers employees and embraces diversity. We welcome and encourage everyone who has a passion and curiosity for innovation, technology, and play to explore our open positions and join our growing global team.
The PlayStation brand falls under Sony Interactive Entertainment, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Sony Corporation.
Our programming team at Insomniac Games is looking for a Principal Gameplay Programmer to help us build cutting-edge networking systems. As an expert in game networking technology, this person will drive networking systems design and development across all projects. If you’re passionate about building robust, scalable systems for AAA multiplayer games, this might just be a perfect fit for you!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
- Acts as an expert in game networking technology, including network architecture, game object replication, security, optimization and service integration
- Performs primary departmental research of cutting edge network systems technologies
- Oversees design and implementation for networking systems
- Establishes the standard of excellence for networking systems
- Acts as a mentor to other programmers and assists other programmers with all technical questions
- Contributes to the company’s outreach efforts within the industry through speaking engagements, publication in industry journals or presentations at industry events
- Evangelizes new ideas, technologies and solutions to all production departments
- Independently recognizes opportunities to improve our games, tools, engine or general workflow, and seeks to make these changes
- Other duties may be assigned
Supervisory Responsibilities: This job has no supervisory responsibilities, but this position is expected to help mentor other programmers.
Education and/or Experience:
- More than ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience must include prior development in a broad range of game features and systems; and expertise in networking systems for AAA games
- Fluent in:
- Assembly languages for multiple platforms (x64, x86, ARM64)
- A variety of scripting (domain specific) languages (Python, Perl, PHP, bash),
- Remote file and process manipulation (i.e. ssh), remote debugging, and
- Common office programs
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A strong ability to clearly convey theoretical or abstract ideas to audiences of varying levels of fluency
Equal Opportunity Statement:
Sony is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender (including gender identity, gender expression and gender reassignment), race (including colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin), religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, disability, age, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, trade union membership or membership in any other legally protected category.
We strive to create an inclusive environment, empower employees and embrace diversity. We encourage everyone to respond.
PlayStation is a Fair Chance employer and qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records will be considered for employment.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed