ProbablyMonsters is looking for a creative, technical, and collaborative Principal Gameplay Engineer. You will join a team concentrated on building new game concepts and worlds centered around a focused player experience. As part of the Incubation team, you’ll have the freedom to create, experiment, and try new game ideas while forming new franchises and development teams. Everyone on the Incubation team is enthusiastic about helping to shape a culture of collaboration and trust while creating best-in-class games.
We are seeking a Principal Gameplay Engineer who is experienced in leading technical development on a multiplayer title in Unreal Engine. You will be responsible and empowered to work cross discipline to deliver the technical foundation for gameplay from the very beginning of development on the project. As a senior member of the engineering team, you will help create processes and best practices for a healthy, stable, and fun team & codebase.
Note this role is open to being fully remote.
The salary range for this position is $197,200 to $305,600. This range represents the salary for the position commensurate with experience, knowledge, and demonstrated success in the field.
WHO YOU ARE:
- You excel at cross-discipline collaboration, working with design to realize fun and engaging features.
- You are excited about working in a people-first environment.
- You ensure the studio development processes enable the team to reliably deliver high quality work.
- You thrive in an environment that gives you autonomy to develop foundational systems.
- Lead the design and development of major gameplay systems.
- Set the direction for the technical foundation of our project.
- Collaborate with designers and artists to quickly iterate on new gameplay concepts.
- Produce automated tests and documentation for your systems.
- Operate as a technical lead and champion best practices with Unreal Engine multiplayer development.
- Professional development experience with Unreal Engine.
- Experience mentoring technical roles.
- Gameplay systems development experience.
- Proficient with C++.
- Experience implementing and adopting processes within a team.
- Advanced understanding of Unreal content creation workflows.
- Games as a Service or LiveOps development experience.
- Multiplayer development experience.
- Strong documentation practices.
- Have shipped a AAA title in a technical leadership role.
- Experience leading technical development at early stages.
- A people-centric culture founded on respect, trust, approachability, and accountability.
- A stable home that values your potential, deeply cares about your work-life balance, and is committed to investing in your craft and long-term career.
- We offer a competitive benefits package, including a sign-on bonus; annual stock option grants; health coverage (medical, dental, vision) paid at 100% for the employee and subsidized by the Company for dependents; Flexible Spending Account eligibility; life, accidental death, and disability insurance coverage; annual 401K contribution by the Company; Employee Assistance Program; and extensive paid time off plus holiday closures.
ProbablyMonsters is an independent video game company that aims to change the way games are made and inspire a better industry for all. Our mission is to unite, guide, and empower talented teams to redefine what it means to create exceptional games. We secured the largest Series A raise in gaming history at $250 million, providing our teams the resources and creative environment needed to foster stable, life-long careers while delivering industry-defining games within a healthy, rewarding culture.
Location: Bellevue, Washington <span class="jv
Country: United States