We're looking for a talented and passionate Principal Engineer to join Wildlife's Live Games Tech Team working remotely from Brazil or the United States.
As a Principal Engineer, you will report to the Head of Live Games Technology, and you will be the technical leader of one of our largest live games, played by millions of people. You will guide the technology team of the game in solving their toughest technical challenges, making architectural decisions, and disseminating your technical knowledge across the entire team.
You will have an Engineering Director as a peer inside the game, focusing on the people management and project management aspects of the game, allowing you to focus on the technical leadership. You won't have direct reports and will be an individual contributor leader, allowing you to have more time to go deeper into technical challenges.
We know that the work we do has a high impact on our company's success and culture. The right person for this position is passionate about technology, motivated by tackling difficult technical challenges, curious by nature, self-driven, and can thrive in a fast and growing business.
What you'll do
- You will lead key technical decisions and validate the engineering roadmap for the game;
- You will help to solve the most challenging technical issues in the game, partnering with team members to solve them;
- You will coach engineers so they can achieve technical excellence in the project;
- You will identify inefficiencies in the current engineering way of working and propose systems, tools and/or processes that engineering managers need to put in place to solve them;
- You will be a part of a group with other technical leader that defines the technical ways or working of the whole organization and share knowledge between different projects
- You will be accountable for establishing a strong engineering culture including processes like code review, pair programming, architecture reviews, automated tests coverage targets, etc..
- As a part of the Live Games Tech leadership team, you will work with other leaders to define and fulfill company-wide goals, ensuring that we have a world-class engineering organization.
What you'll need
- 10+ years of professional experience in software industry
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- Experience in handling large scale systems (several million users)
- Plus: experience in the gaming industry, preferably in mobile gaming
Wildlife is one of the leading mobile game developers and publishers in the world. We have released more than 60 titles, reaching billions of people around the globe. Today, we have offices in Brazil, Argentina, Ireland, Israel, and the United States. Here, we create games that will excite, intrigue, and engage our players for years to come!
Wildlife is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, colour, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law.
We're committed to providing accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process.
Location: United States
Country: United States