Bungie is seeking a senior-level Business Operations Manager to drive program management for cross company initiatives between Bungie and Sony. Accountable to the Director of Strategic Initiatives (DOSI), the PBOM is responsible for both advising on and operationalizing elements of the SIE/Bungie governance structure as it relates to integration workstreams and acceleration initiatives.
This person establishes and manages Bungie/SIE operational frameworks and programs through developing structures, processes, and plans to ensure Bungie and Sony fulfill their mutual obligations. In doing so, the PBOM ensures that the organization is supported with best practices in program management and is also the primary driver of change management within Bungie for Strategic Integration. This role will be the central hub of gathering initiatives, goals, KPIs and reporting across discipline leads and directors, game directors, project leads, and department heads in support of delivering against DOSI key success measures for integration milestone. The PBOM mainly plans, collaborates, prioritizes and executes across Bungie under the guidance of the DOSI, but may also be asked to participate in selected Sony and partner meetings and collaborative efforts to gain foundational knowledge and experience to build resiliency of the Strategic Initiatives team.
The PBOM will engage with studio leaders to create a Bungie support structure that feels good to internal stakeholders. The PBOM ensures that integration workstreams and prioritized acceleration efforts are woven into the understanding and rhythm of the business rituals currently in place.
The ideal candidate is a self-motivated and empathetic organizer of people and process who embodies a partnership mindset. If you have a passion for continuous improvement and are excited by the opportunity to orchestrate complex projects and critical initiatives, then we might have the role for you!
- Drive execution of strategic initiatives and projects under the guidance of the Director of Strategic Initiatives
- Continuously improve the group’s velocity, cross-function collaboration, and transparency
- Foster the organizational culture of continuous learning and ongoing improvement, formal and informal knowledge-sharing practices in support of integration best practices.
- Actively challenge the status quo and apply appropriate change management strategies and plans to achieve transformational success.
- Identify and facilitate opportunities for integration between components of Bungie’s AOP priorities and programs to maximize impact.
- Foster a strong and healthy relationship between Bungie and Sony
- Build the structures, processes, and plan documentation to deliver Bungie’s obligations to Sony as a publicly traded company and to deliver opportunities for Sony acceleration of Bungie.
- Work across Bungie to build the necessary infrastructure, process and governance for us to be successful.
- Build confidence with executive, publishing, G&A, and game leadership at Bungie around proposed strategies.
- Help shape Business Operations excellence at Bungie.
- Reports to the Chief of Staff
- Supports Bungie’s commitment to diversity and inclusion and values a diversity of perspectives.
- Outstanding project management and organizational change management skills: building and maintaining work backlogs; tracking, scheduling, and driving projects to completion with professional discernment.
- Exemplary written and oral communication skills. Ability to create and deliver executive presentations and studio-wide communications.
- Demonstrable experience fostering teamwork and building high functioning teams.
- Proven experience in rapidly learning new methods and processes and adapting them to critical business needs.
- Strong facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Ability to drive high-value meetings through challenging discussions and build clear action items and accountability.
- Desire for continuous improvement in all aspects of the job
- Exceptional problem-solving skills. Proven ability to understand, simplify, and solve any problems in a fast-paced and constantly evolving environment.
- Strong situational awareness and high EQ acumen in large, complex organizations navigating complex stakeholder relationships.
- Experience with agile/scrum development processes and tools
- Experience with game development, developing Games as a Service
This range is determined by an array of factors, including training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, and market demands. Additionally, it is subject to change and may be modified in the future.
In the journey to make incredible worlds, Bungie employees don't simply do meaningful work - they receive meaningful support. Competitive salaries and discretionary bonus opportunities are just the start. We offer comprehensive healthcare coverage, generous 401(k) matching, flexible time off policies, paid parental leave, social clubs, and so much more. Check out our benefits page: Benefits - Bungie Careers to see all the perks that come with joining Bungie.
- 20 days of accrued time-off in the form of PTO and sabbatical days, depending on the level of the position
- 10 paid Floating Days annually, prorated in the first year of employment based on start date
- 10 paid Bungie-observed holidays annually
- One hour of Paid Sick Time (PST) for every 30 hours worked
Contract and International FTE employees receive competitive benefits through their relevant contracting agency.
Location: Remote - Anywhere in the U.S.
Country: United States