The Principal Art Lead is responsible for leading a team of artists to bring the artistic vision to reality resulting in high-quality games on time and within budget. The role involves partnering with production to understand game design, scheduling the project, developing and communicating the artistic style of the game, leading and coordinating the creative, feature, and technical documentation path and process within the project, evaluating and engaging external partners, and ensuring company art practices are followed. The ideal candidate should have experience in a similar role, high attention to detail, management and interpersonal skills, expertise in Maya, Max, and/or other 3D software, and experience with Unity, Photoshop/Illustrator. Applicants should apply with their resume and portfolio.
Our Principal Art Lead provides direction to a team of professionals in bringing the artistic vision to reality resulting in the highest quality games on time and within budget. We are looking for someone who excels as a team member and strives to improve team and departmental performance.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Partner with Production to clearly understand the game design, provide artistic expertise, and plan resourcing needs.
- Schedule the project in liaison with Production, Senior Artists, and Software Engineers to ensure their team stays on schedule.
- Develop, refine, and communicate the artistic style of the game to their team of artists and outsourcing partners.
- Build an open and creative environment, where people are encouraged to learn, generate, and follow through on their ideas.
- Lead and coordinate the creative, feature, and technical documentation path and process within the project.
- Coordinate and conduct meetings with the art team on a regular basis to resolve artistic or technical issues expediently.
- Participate in the strategic investigation of techniques and methodologies that improve the quality and efficiency of art resources.
- Evaluate and engage external partners to meet the project’s creative goals and timeline.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance relationships with colleagues and external creative resources as needed.
- Conduct milestone, performance reviews, and 1:1s with each Artist.
- Identify problematic situations before they occur and offer solutions.
- Ensure company art practices are followed within their team.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Full project development cycle in an Art Lead-related role.
- High attention to detail with management and interpersonal skills.
- Expertise in Maya, Max, and/or other 3D Software.
- Experience with Unity, Photoshop/Illustrator.
If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please apply today with your resume and portfolio!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hb-studios.com accounts.
Location: Lunenburg, Nova Scotia, Canada
Date found: 2023-04-29