Playground Games is looking for a Principal Animation Engineer to join our Fable team on a contract basis.
As a first-party Xbox Game Studio, we are passionate about making genre-defining games that are accessible, beautiful, and, most of all, fun. We are excited to be rebooting the much-loved Fable franchise and are expanding our diverse team to create a new classic in the action RPG genre.
About the role:
As Principal Animation Engineer, you help set the technical direction of our custom animation technology, working with in our custom, proprietary engine. You will be working with the animation and technical animation teams to deliver a best-in-class animation system for AAA games. You will help your lead to develop feature plans and roadmaps to ensure the work is well organised and communicated. You will set the standard for all other animation engineers, and be a role model for the wider engineering team.
Our ideal candidate is a very experienced engineer with a deep understanding of animation technologies, who is passionate about their craft and has the track record to prove it. Your passion for animation technology means you are not only implementing cutting edge systems, but also aware of trends and technologies being developed by other studios.
This is a contract role based at our state-of-the-art facilities in Royal Leamington Spa.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the animation and technical animation team to understand their requirements and help guide the direction our internal animation technology.
- Develop key animation systems and get involved in foundational architectural decisions and implementation.
- Collaborate with our design teams to help develop creative solutions to achieve their goals.
What you’ll bring:
- 4+ years of animation engineering experience, with demonstrable work on at least 1 published title (ideally AAA).
- Passion for animation engineering, and a desire to keep learning and staying on the cutting edge.
- Expert C++ and software architecture skills.
- A genuine passion for video games.
This is a fantastic opportunity to make world-class games with an established, talented, and collaborative team at one of the industry’s most exciting first-party game studios.
Playground Games is an equal opportunities studio and encourages candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Location: LeamingtonSpa, Warwickshire
Country: United Kingdom
Subscribe to all Animation jobs in United Kingdom
Create Profile and Get Noticed