Super Evil Megacorp
We are a company for gamers, by gamers. We believe that truly good and deeply compelling games are timeless and will ultimately prevail over fine-tuned shallow addiction cycles. Our mission is to make deeply engaging and technically outstanding games, while embracing all the opportunities of cross-platform, new business models and a games industry in flux.
We are looking for motivated and highly skilled people who share our love for making outstanding games. You will need to be ready to take on the task of being part of a small but experienced and dedicated team, not be afraid to get your hands dirty, and have a can-do attitude. Join us! It’s going to be a thrilling ride.
PRINCIPAL 3D ENVIRONMENT ARTIST
As a Principal 3D environment Artist, you will lead the charge in creating breathtaking and memorable environments for our players. We believe strongly in developing out of our creative and world building efforts for the purpose of setting the stage to tell compelling stories. At the same time, you will need to adhere to technical and gameplay constraints without sacrificing the look and feel of the visuals. You will be working closely with our Art Director, Tech Art Director and Gameplay Director on a mission to create unforgettable experiences through our environments.
- You will be responsible for creating the most exemplary pieces of artwork
- Takes assets through the full modeling/texturing production pipeline
- Develop, high poly & low poly sculps efficiently and at the highest quality
- Lifting the entire discipline's creative quality through you artistic abilities
- Creates Stylized and Hard-Surface assets with or without concept art
- Able to optimizes textures and geometry for streaming and mobile devices
- Creates modular kits and any other systems that create efficiencies
- Be an ambassador for your craft and are able to work closely with the Leads, Directors and departmental counterparts
- Works independently and actively looks to raise the level of quality
- Establishing Biome rule sets to evangelize with multiple disciplines to see them come to fruition
- Lead and inspire the level art team, providing feedback, guidance, and mentorship
- Understand the project's technical and artistic constraints
- Work with external teams to ensure consistency and provide feedback
- Maintains consistent style under the direction of the Art Director
- 8+ years industry experience in AAA content creation
- Exhibits a mastery of industry standard 3D software; Maya, Substance, Blender, photoshop, etc
- Capable with both hand painted and rendered texturing skills
- Expert eye for composition, layout, light, color theory, form, and level of detail
- Strong grasp of form, and silhouette in regards to modeling, sculpting organic and inorganic structures.
- Expert understanding of Physically Based Rendering (PBR) workflow
- Loves games, has a persistent pursuit of game art, and a strong willingness to learn
- Understanding of gameplay needs such as clarity & readability
- Able to work under pressure and meet production deadlines
- Some experience working on game with an isometric camera angle
- Has experience working in a proprietary engine and/or middleware solution
- Familiar with multiple main stream game engines
Note: In order to apply, please provide us with a link to your portfolio that gives us an overview of your skills and abilities.
The base annual salary range for this position in the United States is $110,000 - $210,000. The base salary is just one part of the overall compensation package. SEMC also offers a package of benefits, including, healthcare coverage, unlimited PTO, a remote work environment, flex working schedule, parental leave support, 100% 401k match on the first 3% of your contribution, and paid local hangout meals and events. For more details on the full benefits package please visit this link. All full time roles are also eligible for annual bonuses and equity.
This base pay range is for the United States only and does not apply to international locations. The range for each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by location and additional factors including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
Do you feel like you don’t meet each and every requirement on the job description? Many people don't apply for jobs unless they feel they exceed at every one of these job requirements. It’s very important for us at SEMC to ensure we have a diverse and inclusive group of talent, so please go ahead and apply even if you feel that you’re not a “perfect” fit! You just might be what we’re looking for!