As the Head of Studio Management, you are relied upon to lead our studios to scale effectively and deliver games that meet business and player expectations. You are someone who can move fluidly between high-level strategic thinking and take charge in the management of day-to-day details. While we believe in the power of planning and processes, you possess the ability to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly. Balancing resource constraints with a burning desire to build magnificent software in a complex and evolving landscape is your idea of a good time.
You have knowledge of the entire product life cycle from conception through product design, launch and beyond. You will be running the business of studios and leading the General Managers (GMs). In addition, you will champion the studios, the products and inspire the people around you as you thrive in an entrepreneurial and fast paced environment with competing resources and priorities. This is an intellectually challenging but extremely gratifying opportunity as you deliver improvements to the business KPIs and support the company to achieve our goals.
In this role, you are expected to:
- Work with the executive team and VP, Product to define the five-year strategic plan for the studios
- Hold P&L responsibilities for all studios with full accountability on studio needs and financial goals
- Collaborate with the Operations team to define project portfolio management – determining the optimal resource mix and schedule for product delivery to best achieve Kabam’s operational and financial goals
- Work with the GMs to define operational excellence
- Lead multi-studio resource management strategies
- Manage cross-functional relationships and stakeholders to ensure alignment, clarity of studios vision across the company, and proactive resolution to any blockers or challenges to team success
- Work with the GMs to develop the business plans required to grow the studios, ensuring the success and profitability of the studios’ projects
- Implement best practice methodologies, production processes, and efficient tools to promote and foster a gamer-centric culture, an innovation mindset, and effective cross team collaboration
- Determine a set of processes and KPIs that will drive studio operational success
- Foster and facilitate timely decision-making across a broad network of stakeholders, strategic partners, and operational teams
- Develop a lean organization recognizing efficiencies and cost savings while maximizing effectiveness
- Cultivate a culture of creativity, collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence, and a fun work environment while continuously elevating the quality and caliber of our product development organization
You will bring:
- 10+ years of experience leading the development of AAA games from start to finish as General Manager of Studio, VP of Product Development or Executive Producer with a strong track record of launching successful, high quality games on time and within budget
- Experience in production best practices for games-as-a-service, and launching and operating live service games
- Understanding of how to coordinate multiple complex productions at diverse locations
- Highly collaborative with experience leading through influence
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to effectively present and share information across the organization
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with commitment to delivering a high standard of work
- Superb lateral thinking ability with relentless optimism
- Remarkable analytical skills and evidence of making data driven decisions
- Experience working with P&Ls and defining financial key performance indicators
Adding to the ingredient of success, you’d have:
- Experience managing startup organization(s) and worked internationally
- Strong track record of negotiating and securing potential partnership deal(s)
Excited by this opportunity? Kabam is dedicated to growing our diverse and inclusive workforce, so if your past experience doesn’t perfectly match the listed requirements we encourage you to apply anyways - you could be a great fit for this or other positions.
We invite you to apply now and start the conversation with us. Together, we can create and support some of the best games ever made and entertain the world!
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer committed to building a diverse and equitable workplace, and inclusive environment for all existing and potential employees. Employment decisions are based on candidate qualifications and business need, not race, color, ancestry, place of origin, age, sex (including pregnancy), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, political belief, religion, creed, marital or family status, medical condition, genetic information, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, prior criminal conviction or any other protected class in accordance with federal, state or provincial and local laws and ordinances. Accommodations will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Kabam is a world leader in developing entertaining, immersive, and highly social multiplayer games, bringing high-quality graphics, next-generation technology, and revolutionary gameplay to players around the world.
Kabam’s games, Marvel Contest of Champions, Disney Mirrorverse, and Shop Titans, have generated hundreds of millions of downloads and have received multiple awards including Apple’s Editor’s Choice and Google Play’s Best Game of the Year.
Founded in 2006, Kabam has studios and offices in Vancouver, Montreal and Charlottetown in Canada, Los Angeles and San Francisco in the United States, and in Seoul, South Korea. Kabam is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Netmarble Games.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2023-03-17