The Pokémon Company International
Get to know The Pokémon Company International
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
Learn more online at Pokemon.com and on Facebook (facebook.com/pokemon), YouTube (youtube.com/pokemon), Twitter (twitter.com/pokemon), and Instagram (instagram.com/pokemon).
Get to know the role
Job Title: Public Relations Manager
Job Summary: This role is responsible for the development of public relations (PR) campaigns and strategies with an emphasis on earned influencer marketing and celebrity engagement across the Pokémon brand’s portfolio of licensed products and Pokémon Centre EU merchandise. The position is also responsible for developing and executing traditional public relations strategies and programs for the popular Pokémon animation program and select other initiatives. The role will support the Senior PR Manager in planning, development, and execution of pan-European campaigns for Pokémon Center products, our portfolio of animated content and working alongside external stakeholders on licensed products and apparel.
FLSA Classification (US Only): Exempt
People Manager: No
What you’ll do
- Supporting Senior PR Manager and external agency network on PR initiatives including the following:
- Influencer campaigns.
- Identifying relevant and brand compliant PR influencer opportunities.
- Managing influencer contracts between TPCi and local PR and/or management agencies.
- Cross departmental liaison to leverage each activation.
- Supporting ad-hoc events run by TPCi or our partners; this can include identifying relevant third-party events across and providing written recommendations for attendance for internal stakeholders.
- Liaison with event organizers and internal stakeholders to maximize value of attendance.
- Working closely with various external partners to ensure consistent messaging across local markets.
- Creating various press materials (media alerts, brand sheets, press releases) and managing stakeholder approvals.
- Managing translations of press assets into multiple European languages.
- Deliver impactful preview/review activity for animated content and Pokémon merchandise across EU territories.
- Development of briefing documents for local PR and/or management agencies in conjunction with the Senior PR Manager.
- Production of In-depth reporting for all projects.
What you’ll bring
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of related professional experience.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Demonstrable ability to plan strategically on a global scale, work effectively with international stakeholders and ensure brand consistency across divisions, time zones and territories.
- Extensive experience and expertise in working with influencers and building influencer marketing programs for consumer products, video games, and/or entertainment properties.
- Proven track record of executing programs domestically and internationally.
- Experience working with and managing agency partners.
- Experience and success in product launch management.
- Experience collaborating closely with internal stakeholder teams such as Product Marketing, Social Media, Licensing, etc.
- Strong project management, creative concept, and plan execution skills.
- Established press and influencer contacts in the video game, family entertainment industry and consumer media are a plus.
- Experience publicizing animated content, television/streaming series is a big plus.
- Experience working with celebrity partners or engaging celebrities is a plus.
- Experience working for or with Japanese companies/brands is a plus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
How you’ll be successful
- Passion for Pokémon: Develops an understanding of the Pokémon brand, the impact it has on our people, culture, business, fans, and communities, and applying that knowledge and passion to everything you do.
- Challenging the Expected: Approaches challenges with curiosity and creativity, embracing the possibility of failure as an opportunity to learn something new, develop innovative ideas, solve complex problems and identify unique opportunities.
- Integrity and Respect: Demonstrates integrity and respect by leading with empathy, listening to others, seeking out different perspectives, and taking personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and results.
- Dedicated to Quality: Takes ownership to maintain and promote high standards, looks for new ways to learn and improve, and embraces a growth mindset to seek and apply feedback from others in an effort to continuously improve.
- Building Relationships: Develops and strengthens relationships, adopting a “team first” mentality and working collaboratively to solve problems and meet shared goals.
- Delighting Customers: Listens and understands the interests and needs of our customers and stakeholders, making them feel heard and important, and embracing these learnings to continue delivering a unique Pokémon experience.
What to expect
- An employee first culture
- Company events that celebrate the spirit of Pokémon
- Competitive cash-based compensation programs
- Base salary range: £55,000.00 - £83,000.00. This range is applicable for the labor market where the role is intended to be hired. It is common for TPCi to start employees below the midpoint of the range. Final base salary is directly related to each candidates' qualifications and experience uniquely.
- 100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for you
- Generous paid family leave
- Employer-paid life insurance
- Employer-paid long and short-term income protection insurance
- US Employees: 401k Employer Matching
- UK/IRE Employees: Pension Employer Contributions
- Fitness reimbursement
- Commuter benefit
- LinkedIn learning
- Comprehensive relocation package
- Hybrid work environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this role. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required. Employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. For roles in the United Kingdom, candidates will need the right to work. In some cases, and for some roles, the Company may be able to arrange a visa. For roles in Ireland, this role requires candidates to have the right to live and work in the Republic of Ireland. However, we welcome applications from all nationalities and may consider supporting an employment permit application, in appropriate and suitable cases.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed