A leader in creating deep and engaging experiences on PC and mobile, Jagex was founded in 2001 and is today one of the UK’s biggest and most respected video game developers and publishers.
Famed for its flagship MMOs RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, Jagex has welcomed more than 260million player accounts to its world and created a $1bn lifetime franchise revenue. Today the RuneScape franchise exists beyond running games in live operations; our titles are living games that connect and inspire millions of players, with content and experiences both inside and outside of inexhaustible game worlds.
Both RuneScape and Old School RuneScape, on PC and mobile, offer ever-evolving, highly-active worlds and our community-focussed development ethos empowers players to have a real say in how each game is shaped.
Jagex is expanding and extending its portfolio with fresh franchise titles, new IP and, in 2018 launched Jagex Partners, delivering third-party publishing and operational services exclusively for the living games of the future.
Jagex employs more than 400 people at its Cambridge headquarters and is on the hunt for talented people to work across the business to help the company to achieve yet another year of record growth and player satisfaction.
At Jagex Games Studio we are looking for highly motivated and smart Player Support Specialists to join our online service team based in Cambridge. The successful candidates will help us to deliver world-class support to our international online communities.
Around 60% of the role covers first and second line support, however, this role is part of a department responsible for the overall ‘Player Experience’ with the aim of identifying opportunities and bringing about continuous improvement. So an eye for detail, a logical approach, the ability to critique processes and some previous experience of planning/projects really ticks our boxes.
Looking ahead, for the strongest candidates, there will be opportunity for you to be more involved in our project and planning tasks, so we're particularly keen to find people who have the potential to be subject matter experts and work on specialist projects in the future. This role is also ideal for anyone who is thinking about a career in leadership and we will support and nurture successful candidates so they can build a career path leading to senior and team leader roles within the department, as well as beyond Player Support into other roles in the Games Studio. We have dozens of employees working in other areas of the Studio who started their Jagex careers in Player Support!
Of course there will always be a need for this role to undertake regular support tasks, but candidates who want to unlock their potential in a more strategic role, and are looking for a challenge that can only be found in a support team like ours, are especially welcome. If you just want to help customers all day long without any additional responsibility or expectation to tackle work at a higher level, then the reality is this isn't the right role for you!
Our 'swipe right' person checklist:
· Desire to develop your career, get involved and seize opportunities to take on new tasks and challenges
· Strong decision maker and able to apply sound judgement
· Willingness to receive and act on feedback to continuously improve personal performance
· A great work ethic and willingness to be accountable
· Professional approach with a high degree of integrity
· A self-starter with a 'can do' attitude who can work largely unsupervised
· Awareness of / tuned to gaming culture
Player support tasks:
· Identify, own and seek resolutions for player issues - acting internally as the 'voice of the player'
· Answer customer enquiries by email, offering professional and creative solutions delivered with engaging messaging
· Assist customers with account and payment issues
· Review player behaviour to support the moderation of our products
· Process Data Subject Access Requests
· Reconcile payment disputes
· Compose player facing messaging
· Use of back-end tools to manage game accounts and support players
Essential skills and requirements:
· Ability to review information from a variety of sources and then make a great decision for the customer and the business
· Outstanding written English including the ability to craft messages that are positive, personal, professional, friendly and engaging
· Previous experience in some form of customer facing or support role, ideally online, or in a role with transferable skill sets
· Able to work some weekend days (about 4 per month)
· Project participation either as a lead or significant stakeholder
· Evidence of investigative skills
· Solid time management, willing to take ownership of tasks
· Strong prioritisation and planning skills
Desirable skills and experience:
· Good understanding of Internet account security issues including 2FA, phishing, proxy use and Social Engineering
· Tolerance for exposure to inappropriate language and behaviour occasionally shown by people online – including viewing unfiltered player chat logs in text format
· Background in B2C roles in the games industry
· Good understanding of (player facing) Jagex game account management processes
Amazing skills and experience we’d love to find:
· Experience of leading/delivering a process improvement initiative
· Experience of leadership
· Experience of customer journey mapping / value stream mapping
· Intermediate or higher SQL knowledge
· Strategic mindset, able to offer well thought out solutions to further improve our services or support our Studio goals
Shortlisted candidates must be prepared to attend an assessment day, of about 5 hours, held at our Cambridge studio. You will be part of a competitive process against other candidates and will be asked to perform individual and team tasks as well as participate in a formal interview.
The assessment day is unpaid, but we will spring you lunch and make sure you are looked after. Unsuccessful candidates who attend an assessment day will receive detailed constructive feedback about their performance.
Before applying, please note:
· This role can be undertaken remotely, at our offices in Cambridge UK or hybrid. However, please note that remote workers may be required to attend the office occasionally and as such applicants must be legally able to work in the UK and be able to travel to the office if required
· Please check that you meet all the criteria in the 'essential skills and requirements' section above
· Please check that you meet some of the criteria in the 'desirable skills and requirements' section above
· Successful applicants must be able to supply 2 references on request
· Successful applicant offers will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check
- Flexible Working
- Bonus Scheme
- Private Health Care
- Gym Membership
- Monthly Energy Allowance
- Generous Pension Contributions
- Life Insurance
- Free Cycle Repair
- Income Protection
- Dental Plan
- Free Fruit and Drinks
- Subsidised Canteen
Feel like you fit this role, but don’t meet all the requirements? We strive for fresh perspectives, so as long as you can demonstrate how your attitude and other abilities might make up for any gaps we would welcome your application!
Jagex are an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, religion or belief.
Apply for this job
Date found: 2022-11-05
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed