WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games seeks Player Behavior Manager for our Cary, NC Studio, who will bring a deeper understanding of human behavior to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the people, processes, and tools of the global player support team by carrying out new scientific research and using previous academic findings that allow for understanding and prediction of player behavior before, during, and after their interaction with player support. Applying advanced concepts of psychology, data analysis, and statistical modeling, the Player Behavior Manager drives the team in designing support experiences and establishing links between the support processes, player experience and business objectives.
- Conduct analysis of player-facing customer service flows, including the decision tree that channels user into the customer service stream.
- Use existing academic research on player engagement with games including existing research on software usage to improve and innovate on the aforementioned service streams.
- Generate new research on player interactions with service streams to improve and innovate on the aforementioned service streams, and understanding the relationship between player behavior and the business objectives to guide strategic decisions based on empirical evidence that can support the growth of the business through the actions of player support.
- Conduct analysis of all the systems and models that affect customer service representative behavior.
- Conduct regular analysis of our strategy and other customer service approaches and industry trends for incremental improvements and transformational leaps.
- Evaluate Player Support Tools, both individually in their respective markets, but also as a system within the Epic context with consideration of synergy and ability to support our strategic goals.
- Regularly evaluate customer service representative operations, including supporting functions, such as training, quality control, onboarding, performance management, etc. (representative and ticket life cycles.).
- Problem solving through the generation of insights helping all Player Support leadership appropriately focus our resources and planning by engaging regularly in analytics research and reviews.
- Actively participate in the shaping and execution of player support strategy.
- Build and manage reports on player and agent behavior for regular review.
Candidate must possess: at least a Masters degree in Psychology or closely related field, and demonstrated research in social or experimental psychology, using quantitative methods, survey research and statistical analysis techniques to understand psychological processes.
At least three (3) years of experience with the following:
- Survey research and survey research platforms (i.e.: Qualtrics) (academic/research setting is acceptable).
- Scientific research in the field of social or experimental psychology (academic/research setting is acceptable).
At least 2 years of experience with the following:
- Statistical software for scientific research (e.g.: R, Mplus, SPSS) (academic/research setting is acceptable).
- Business data visualization tools (e.g.: Tableau, PowerBI) (academic/research setting is acceptable).
- SQL programming language (academic/research setting is acceptable).
Candidate must have at least 2 years of prior work experience that requires knowledge in human behavior related to a service or product (academic setting experience is acceptable).
Multiple Openings for this position.
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Epic does not accept any unsolicited resumes or approaches from any unauthorized third party (including recruitment or placement agencies) (i.e., a third party with whom we do not have a negotiated and validly executed agreement). We will not pay any fees to any unauthorized third party. Further details on these matters can be found here.
Location: Cary,North Carolina,United States
Country: United States