Platform - Platform Programmer
Hi-Rez Studios is looking to hire an experienced Platform Engineer to work at our studio in Alpharetta, Georgia or full-time remote.
At Hi-Rez, you will have an opportunity to be part of an innovative environment that embraces new and different ideas. We are a passionate and enthusiastic bunch who love video games. We have incredibly talented individuals who are empowered to create, & challenged to learn. All of this means more opportunities for you to unleash your ingenuity, energy, collaboration, and dedication.
Come join the creator of the critically acclaimed SMITE, Paladins, and Rogue Company as we embark on exciting new game projects!
What our Platform Programmers do:
- Work alongside a best-in-class team to design, build, and maintain scalable, reliable and performant distributed cloud systems for a multiplayer environment.
- Leverage cloud solutions and latest technology stacks to keep the backend core architecture up-to-date and modern to support existing and future games.
- Research, analyze, and recommend technical solutions for solving difficult and meaningful development and integration problems.
- Build new enhancements that assist the game studios in pushing out new features and meet/keep-up with player demands.
- Adhere to the highest standards of software development and quality through code and design reviews.
- Support our operations team when faced with complex production issues related to the backend core.
Who we are looking for:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience of software engineering experience.
- Cloud experience in MS Azure and/or other Cloud Providers
- Experience and understanding of distributed cloud systems, containerization, cross-platform networking, caching, application modernization, data storage (document stores, key-value stores, RDBMS), data streaming, and CI/CD.
- Programming Experience: Object Oriented languages such as C++, Python, or other object oriented languages, SQL
Preferred candidates have:
- Full-stack web developer, experience with Unreal Engine, experience with maintaining and/or contributing to open source projects/community, and/or web frameworks
Apply for this job
Location: All Locations
Date posted: 2022-01-20