WHAT MAKES US EPIC?
At the core of Epic’s success are talented, passionate people. Epic prides itself on creating a collaborative, welcoming, and creative environment. Whether it’s building award-winning games or crafting engine technology that enables others to make visually stunning interactive experiences, we’re always innovating.
Being Epic means being a part of a team that continually strives to do right by our community and users. We’re constantly innovating to raise the bar of engine and game development.
Epic Games Platform Engineering Team is looking for a smart, creative Platform Engineer Intern to join them in 2023. Our Interns are given challenging projects over the work term, and are provided with a meaningful experience with high expectations for performance. If you want to build something Epic, this is the opportunity for you!
This team is responsible for enhancing and maintaining core systems of Unreal Engine with a focus on the Linux platform for things such as the editor tools framework and many of the user-facing tools used to build content. You will work directly with the brightest technical minds in the business as we build the premier game engine for multiple platforms.
In This Role You Will:
- Investigate and resolve issues that impact the Unreal Editor development experience
- Leverage various tools to investigate memory utilization and performance in UnrealEngine across a variety of platforms (Linux, Mac, and HMI).
- Work closely with teams at Epic to improve the workflows of the Engine
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards aspects of the platform development
What We’re Looking For:
- Degree work in CS or related fields
- Strong knowledge and skills with either C++ or Linux/C
- Experience in debugging on different platforms
- Experience or interest in optimizations and/or performance/memory profiling
Nice to haves, but not required:
- An interest in low level programming (kernel, user space drivers, etc)
- Experience with developing for Mac or Linux platforms
- Experience with working on the Unreal Engine or in the Editor, rendering or Graphic API experience, various toolchains (clang, gcc), GUIs, or operating system related projects.
This is an internship for 2023 with a flexible start date. Recruitment will be ongoing until teams find an ideal match. For more information about Epic’s Early Career Program, visit Epicgames.com/students.
This is going to be Epic!
Epic Games spans across 19 countries with 55 studios and 4,500+ employees globally. For over 25 years, we’ve been making award-winning games and engine technology that empowers others to make visually stunning games and 3D content that bring environments to life like never before. Epic’s award-winning Unreal Engine technology not only provides game developers the ability to build high-fidelity, interactive experiences for PC, console, mobile, and VR, it is also a tool being embraced by content creators across a variety of industries such as media and entertainment, automotive, and architectural design. As we continue to build our Engine technology and develop remarkable games, we strive to build teams of world-class talent.
Like what you hear? Come be a part of something Epic!
Epic Games deeply values diverse teams and an inclusive work culture, and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. Learn more about our Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Policy here.
Get jobs like this directly to your Inbox
Create Profile and Get Noticed