Skydance Animation is seeking a pipeline engineering intern to work on the core proprietary software used in concurrent film productions. The intern will learn how to write, test, and deploy production-level code, solve software engineering problems, and work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline-oriented environment. The ideal candidate should have a degree in Computer Science or Math, knowledge of Python, software system design, distributed systems, and cloud computing, and problem-solving, creative thinking, and critical thinking skills. Skydance is an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce.
Skydance offers a dynamic, inclusive, and ever-evolving culture where innovative ideas are welcomed, and growth fostered. The partnership between unique creativity and technological advancements are demonstrated within each pillar of the company. At the heart of it all is a commitment to boldly entertaining and relevant storytelling.
While all Animation studios look to hire people who are creative and hard-working, Skydance Animation is specifically looking for pioneers who seek to push the limits of what the world’s most collaborative art form can achieve, and to give those pioneers the space and the resources to build a new studio that’s doing something different.
At Skydance, we believe that art challenges technology and that technology inspires art. As a pipeline engineering intern, you will learn about and work on the core proprietary software at the heart of the production technology that drives the workflows of the animated movie-making process.
During your internship tenure, you will solve exciting and challenging software engineering problems faced by the pipeline engineering team and learn plenty along the way. Challenges like: How we design and implement efficient distributed systems that work across thousands of machines artists use daily, what is the best way to make the existing processes more resilient using creative thinking, and can we use some math or science principle to improve the current algorithms?
The focus of your internship will be on software engineering. You will learn how to write, test and deploy production-level code. In addition, you will be working as partner with the engineers in the team to learn from their experience and provide them with new insights you possess.
We consider the engagement with interns as a bi-directional learning channel. The interns learn about the technology from us, and we get new and fresh ideas from the interns.
If problem-solving and creating something concrete and productive out of logical thinking interests you, then we need you.
- Design, develop, test, and deploy the proprietary software used in concurrent film productions.
- Provide new and creative insights into the existing system based on your educational and life experience.
- Follow the team's technical guidelines.
- Keep up on current methodologies and on technology trends and tools that best suit the production and the company.
- Follow the team's technical guidelines.
- Any one of the following:
- MS/BS Degree in Computer Science or Math or related fields.
- Formal education in technical areas in the media and entertainment industry.
- Ability to write code in Python (knowledge in C++, C, and other programming languages is a bonus).
- Knowledge of software system design, distributed systems, and cloud computing is a bonus.
- Knowledge of software version control systems like git is a bonus.
- Ability to work with a team to deliver high-quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline oriented.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Creative thinking skills.
- Critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work with a team delivering high-quality software in a fast-paced, dynamic, and deadline oriented.
- Any knowledge of working in production pipelines using USD and its integration into Houdini(Solaris), Maya, Nuke, and other digital content creation applications is a bonus, though not necessary.
- Communication skills in English are a bonus.
- Applies innovative processes and techniques by bringing new ideas or solutions.
- Proposes and carries out new projects, going beyond what the position requires.
- Makes the team goal a priority and expresses positive expectations.
- Is highly skilled in expressing, transmitting, and presenting new ideas in presentations or writing to articulate strategic ideas clearly.
- When implementing changes, show a constructive attitude and adjust resources to face the new situation.
- Delivers assigned duties with the required quality and on time with completeness, commitment, and a strong work ethic.
- Meets the expectations on the assigned duties.
Skydance is a diversified media company founded by David Ellison in 2010 to create high quality, event-level entertainment for global audiences. The Company brings to life stories of immersive worlds across its feature film, television, interactive, and animation divisions.
Skydance is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to building and fostering a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workforce. We welcome and consider applicants for employment regardless of race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, citizenship, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, pregnancy status, military/veteran status, disability, or any other protected category. Diversity in the workplace is not just a commitment, it is who we are and a reflection of what makes our world special.
Recruitment Fraud Alert
It has come to our attention that there may be fraudulent activity by individuals impersonating our Talent Acquisition team. Skydance will only contact you from an official “@skydance.com” email address. If you suspect that you are being contacted by an unauthorized person or believe that the correspondence you have received is suspicious, please do not click on any links or attachments in such emails and submit any questions or concerns to our information security team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job
Location: Madrid, Spain
Date found: 2023-04-14